Arsenal vs Liverpool: FA Cup third-round, Sunday January 7, 16:30 BST

I’m sure there’s a fitting Sun Tzu quote for this situation.

1 Like

Smash 'em they’re Arse?

3 Likes

https://x.com/jamespearcelfc/status/1743578934300618828?s=46&t=qjQdwJi2khWQQz87wqB34A

Gomez to go again then?

Cryarses, considering the number of whining they’ve been doing this season.

1 Like

Given the timing of this article I’m guessing the club only just found out that he’s suspended.

That Bonnyrigg right winger gave him a torrid time. Not as torrid as the time he gave those sheep on the night before the match mind you.

1 Like

Will Kelleher play both this and the league cup game or will Ali start one?

My money would be on Ali starting one of those two to stay in rhythm. Not sure which one though.

1 Like

I think Alisson will play in the League Cup semi-finals.

1 Like

The Owen Beck thing above seems too punitive. Strange one. I would imagine we had him earmarked for a role against Arsenal, at least on the bench.

Arsenal is the stronger opponent and we play away from home.

Playing Beck at home against Fulham makes more sense.

Nunez can play off the right if required
How would diaz jota nunez look ?

Play the U23. :+1:

On occasion in the past when Salah has been unavailable, Klopp has stuck Jota out there on the right and I always grumble about it and then he ends up grabbing a goal and making me eat my words.

Which is to say, I’ve learned my lesson and should Klopp decide to put him there to keep Darwin central, that won’t be the end of the world.

Jota has actually managed 6 in 18 from the right for us, which isn’t too bad a return, and i wouldn’t be surprised to see him there at some point over the next month.

4 Likes

Especially as every combination we’d be able to use includes players willing and comfortable to switch positions. Yes, someone will ostensibly be on the right and will be required to pull wide during certain phases of the build up, but whomever it is will still have plenty of license to get in the box in goal scoring positions.

The “No More Red” shirt that Arsenal will be wearing this afternoon (if it’s the same one they’ve used in the advertising) is stunning. Wish we had one.

1 Like

Its a great shirt but also darkly funny that a shirt made to raise awareness of youth violence has “Visit Rwanda” emblazoned on the sleeve.

4 Likes

That looks quite ghostly. I didn’t realise at first that it still had the logos still on. Brilliant idea.

1 Like

I thought Bonnyrigg were Scottish, not Welsh

1 Like

?