Banned Words In The Forums

Hi I received this message when I tried to use the word S U N, in its natural context

“Your post contains a word that’s not allowed: s u n”

Is that meant to be or?

Dirty fucking rag. Definitely correct, unless you’re talking about the massive star that warms our earth…

3 Likes

Oh…

Yeah, refer to it as the massive star :wink:

Assuming the tech can’t differentiate between the context being used…

yeah just thought it strange…so trying to get some context, maybe it will be good to put a list of banned words that are input into the system? I was almost at a loss trying to find a replacement for that word just now haha!

1 Like

The massive star that warms us is also Sol, Solis, Sonne, Soleil etc. Using other languages’ words for something is an alternative, ne c’est pas?

Oooh… can we swear at each other in foreign too? :thinking:

2 Likes

我不知道, 我不知道, 我不知道

1 Like

Decent/best referee should also be banned.

11 Likes

‘A play’ for an attack, passage of play or move.
‘Offense’ for attack
‘Offensive’ for attacking
Words in quotes should be banned.

2 Likes

With a special fried rice, please.

4 Likes

If the words are banned how can someone list them without getting banned? :crazy_face:
It’s a bit like saying Jehovah…

7 Likes

At the moment, its our only banned word. Its good to know it works :wink:

Its banned given deep-rooted anger associated with the aftermath of Hillsborough. To this day you would struggle to even be able to buy that paper in Merseyside.

7 Likes

yeah but I was using it in the context of the natural setting…but I have absolutely no issues banning that word at all how absolute shite that publication is…was just surprised…

And some General Tso chicken?

Is this a Falaraki/Crete/Shagaluf holiday regret?

Can we have a system where everytime someone types Jordan Pickford, it automatically replaces it with Absolute Trash?

2 Likes

in little fontsize…

2 Likes

Seems more like one of @SBYM Thai holiday mistakes :rofl:

2 Likes

Profanity filters don’t do context. :astonished:

Many moons ago Microsoft tried introduced a profanity filter in Outlook Express. It had to be dropped when they realised that users in Scunthorpe could neither send nor receive emails. :crazy_face:

9 Likes