Banned Words In The Forums

Never understood the antipathy of the English toward one word of French origin ‘offence’ in favour of ‘attack’. Just dumb imho.

Equally though, I have no idea why there is such a hunger to find an analogy in footy to the quarterback position in gridiron football. There isn’t one. Not remotely close. Point guard? Maybe, sort of. Quarterback? No. It is just stupid. All it reveals is ignorance of what the quarterback position in football actually does.

2 Likes

:joy:

Tell me, tell me; what did you have :wink:

Never mind, I saw your later post :innocent:

Doesn’t matter how often this has been posted.

‘Soccer’ needs to be banned.

4 Likes

Fair enough ISMF. I also thought the ban disproportionate but I hadn’t considered your perspective - I think that is reasonable to avoid the mod work and having this lovely forum degenerating into name calling (as above!). To represent our star we can always write ‘solarsun’.

1 Like

As has been covered numerous times, it’s actually a term of British English origin.

2 Likes

So let’s get this straight. If you go to a one poler you get a haircut. If you go to a two poler the barber gives you a haircut and a massage with extras. Whatever works for them, and you, I suppose :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

For sure it’s on sale… But only the bitterest of Blues is actually buying it, surely???

Does anyone (except me Dad) even buy a paper anymore? I don’t know.

I DO know they’ve been trying to repair their reputation here ever since.

Even 10 years after I remember promotions at the place I worked were, a couple of Saturdays they were giving it away with every purchase.
Had to ask the customers ‘Would you like a free newspaper?’… Jesus!

Suffice to say nobody took us up on our ‘kind offer’

2 Likes

Guys we have talk it over with the other mods and figured out a compromise solution. The word Sun, is no longer banned.

Manged to figure out a few rules, that should stop people posting links their website, Twitter handle and Facebook page. That was my red line as I wont allow this site to promote/benefit them with any traffic.

I would appreciate if any of their content is posted on here to please report it.

15 Likes

Was it the barber poles that brought us together??

:heart:

2 Likes

Apt time to post this then for all you South American reds - the next time the Sun will completely be covered by the moon - or as we used to call it a Solar eclipse - will occur on 14 December. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Just testing guys… IsMF, if you’re interested I received an immediate system ‘post hidden’ msg followed by a system ‘post restored by staff’. Working well, as usual!

1 Like

No. After all we weren’t poles apart, were we?

It’s dark here now, but the sun has been out all day.

2 Likes

Wondering if the default hidden response also applies to quoted replies…

It doesn’t.

1 Like

fixed it for you.

These events are quite rare and while it is tempting to view them there are significant risks and at the very least suitable eye protection should be worn.

Counselling afterwards is also advised

3 Likes