Blud, it's the Arsenal shithouse FC thread, fam

Very sad to hear this. Met the guy once, actually seemed really nice. Twitter is vile.

3 Likes

Seeing him say Arsenal was the only thing keeping him alive then for him to be sacked from the Arsenal Fan TV hurts. Twitter is a vile place.

1 Like

Everyone would do well from time to time to remember this is just a bloody game. It’s supposed to be fun.

Too many people take it far, far too seriously. There are too many people building their entire sense of well-being around something as random as hows well eleven lads kick a football about. Too many people getting a kick out of trolling random strangers because they picked one particular team when they were kids.

Meanwhile I saw the other day that a bunch of Everton fans were targeting the Anfield Wrap with 1 star reviews to drive down its iTunes rating. For fucks sake. That’s a small business that employs actual real people. It’s just ridiculous.

I hope the lad has found some peace, but honestly this should be a wake up call for all the banter cunts out there to just grow the fuck up.

14 Likes

Earth to Arsenal. The Arteta experiment is going to work.

2 Likes

The only thing impressive was some of the reactions to the foul.

2 Likes
5 Likes

That was honestly one of the most depressing opposition performances I’ve seen for a long time.

You’ve got 3 forwards who cost nearly 200 million being supplied by Odegaard, you’re playing at home, and all you’re interested in doing is setting up like a Sam Allardyce team.

Pitiful performance from Arteta, the type that should have the board looking at other options.

And putting Aubemeyang on a massive contract at his age, after going through this with Ozil, is another obviously poor decision. It’s just one after the other with Arsenal.

11 Likes

Nothing about Arsenal’s performance depressed me, but I take your point. Aubamayang and Lacazette both look like they don’t want to be at the club.

2 Likes

Aubameyang and Lacazette are the epitomy of the typical lazy fan signings.

Just throw them on a pile, without any sense or balance how it should work.

From the moment they arrived, I honestly had no clue how should a side that invested so much money work with the likes of Xhaka, Ozil, Aubameyang and Lacazette. Two up top? 3 at the back? With which defenders exactly? Xhaka in a midfield two because you have a clear #10? But then Aubameyang needs to track back more?

Not saying there’s not some individual quality there, there is, but it’s just a misfit altogether.

Aubameyang will ask himself a question why his ceiling was always the odd cup at Dortmund and Arsenal.

And Lacazette is more than 3 years without a single second for France.

There are reasons for some things. Some of these players are either overrated and/or not a good fit together.

1 Like

I think that Lacazette is better suited to a slower league, he’s always reminded of Firmino because he’s an aberration of a no. 9, not quick enough to play off the shoulder of the last defender but has excellent technical ability - he’s a few classes above Firmino in terms of finishing but way below in terms of work rate. I’ve always admired Aubameyang as a typical, pacy centre forward (burst in behind the defence, put it in the net, no frills) but the two of them can hardly work together in this system at Arsenal - whatever that might be.

Whether Aubameyang can be motivated to perform like he used to… It’s a big question. Speaking as a regular armchair fan, I think that Arsenal are stuck with him, so they need to make the most out of him in order to avoid another Ozil scenario. Selling Lacazette, getting Aubameyang to play centrally, grooming Martinelli as his long-term replacement, while looking to sign a proper left winger/left wing forward - I think that is the way for them in the short-term.

I feel that Arteta still doesn’t know if he’s going to turn Arsenal into Barcelona or Atletico Madrid. They have some quality players but they ultimately look disconnected. No wonder Trent and Salah found joy down the right once Tierney was forced off (pound for pound, the best purchase they’ve made in quite a while). Unless they win Europa League, I can’t see them returning to CL any time soon.

3 Likes

What is up with Aubameyang hair as well. Looks a right prick

4 Likes

Was a bit odd made him looked washed out.

Lacazette deserves an Oscar mind.

1 Like

I know managers often look to pass the buck, but what I thought was interesting was how angry Arteta was with the performance after the game. You look at how little West Ham actually contributed to our recent game with them and you can see this was clearly a manager’s game plan that just got blown away so he holds his hands up. Arteta did not seem to think that of this performance.

2 Likes

Have to say I don’t mind arteta as a manager. Seems to speak some sense.

He has some right shit houses in that arsenal dressing room. Hope the bloke is given sometime there.

2 Likes

Folarin Balogun signs a new deal with Arsenal until 2025.

BREAKING: Arsenal have decided to not participate in the European Super League. They are starting their own breakaway league with just themselves.

The bookies currently have them as second favourites to win it.

11 Likes
2 Likes

I can see JP Morgan owning a few stadiums

1 Like

None received any payment, so the issue of refund is moot.