Blud, it's the Arsenal thread, fam

Word is, you’ve played a sausage roll far more often than once :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

Erm Reaction GIF by Hollyoaks

When it comes to food at the football

This is all you will ever need

The humble scotch pie…

2 Likes

Angry Gordon Ramsay GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Hey John , Where’s the mattyhurst money ?

2 Likes

I remember when I was trying to get my son interested in football, I took him to a Stenhousemuir home game so he could see what matchday looked like. (In retrospect, this may not have been the best introduction)

I asked him afterwards if he enjoyed it and he said he did. I asked what the best bit was and he said the scotch pie…

3 Likes

It is a great mystery to me why no North American venue is able to make a decent stadium pie. Relatively few try, but the ones I have tried were woeful in comparison to what you can get at fairly humble venues in the UK. Other stadium food can be quite good, sometimes expensive (not generally Emirates-expensive), but the pies are generally dire.

Hand held pies just doesn’t seem to be an american thing. In the nearly 30 years I’ve been here I don’t recall ever finding one anywhere, other than occasionally at some British/commonwealth pop up events. To the point that when we were in Vienna my American friends found an aussie place that sold them and went back every day because they were so obsessed by them

2 Likes

Closest equivalent over here is the pot pie, which are delicious, but not really hand-held.

The sets of ‘good pies’ and ‘professional sports’ seem to be non-overlapping sets in North America. I know a good place in Halifax, and I have been told it is nowhere near as good as one in St. John’s.

There’s clearly nothing interesting to say about Arsenal judging by this thread.

4 Likes

come to Scotland…

we have Scotch pies, haggis pies, tattle pies, macaroni pies, steak pies,
hell we even deep fry scotch pies and then put it in a roll/bap,

pie

and we wonder how the life expectancy in Scotland is the lowest in Europe!

Northern Michigan!

Stealing that from the Wiganners

Likely BS but says Arteta’s leaving at the end of the season…

https://twitter.com/sport/status/1751704197274145175

Can Pep fuck off too?

4 Likes

Guardiola might have a clear run at the title next season with no competition. Just the way he likes it.

IMG_2695

4 Likes

https://x.com/skysportspl/status/1751965711520395771?s=46&t=qjQdwJi2khWQQz87wqB34A

donald trump GIF by franceinfo