Blud, it's the Arsenal thread, fam

Donald Trump Wow GIF by GIPHY News

Would be funny if they drop points against West Ham next week.

West Ham are in dire form, they will fold against this Arsenal team (but will no doubt recover for our visit).

2 Likes

Shit shit cunts

I’m not one to hate on managers all that much but look at this absolute massive wanker.

https://x.com/pythaginboots/status/1754263823018545538?s=20

After a time wasting masterclass by Raya and White, Lego Man was trying to get Joe Gomez a card by screaming and pointing at his watch on a throw when we were the team behind.

Let the media fawn over Arteta this week. He’ll have to rotate more with Porto game coming up - something he doesn’t really like to do with Saka.

All I think it’s done is give the advantage to Man City I just don’t think they can go blow to blow with Man City sorry.

4 Likes

They’re just like Liverpool were in the 00s. Sure they can beat an actual title contender in a match but over the course of the season they’ll just drop too many points to teams they should beat.

And Arteta is a performative wanker.

9 Likes

I really don’t give a toss about the celebrations, we’ve celebrated ourselves, Klopp was on the pitch against Everton. I’m not sure why people are letting it bother them so much, Particularly Odegaard taking photos, who gives a shit.

I thought it was more embarrassing at Spurs by some of their players early in the season after a game we were clearly robbed in. At least Arsenal deserved to win.

Arteta celebrating isn’t the reason I think he’s a twat. He does have a hard on for us though, we’ve traumatised him in the past.

They’re not winning anything, none of it will mean anything come the end of the season.

1 Like

I think this is the point. They are very fast and relentless but if it doesn’t work there is no plan B. I mean if they do win the league, then best of luck to them, they are clearly a decent team. I just don’t see them lasting the course.

1 Like

Yeah, lots of fawning about a three team race, but it really won’t be until Arsenal get a result versus City March 30. I don’t see City dropping points before their visit to Anfield. That match is a chance for City to take firm control of the race. A draw would mean Arsenal needs a win to get back into the race. It is only 2 points off the lead, 3 points behind City’s likely tally, but they need to make it up somewhere, or get help.

2 Likes

He is. But they won, and did so after outplaying us. This, and everything about the Arsenal reaction, is something we just have to take on the chin.

3 Likes

I have done, but I will also call out the insincerity of his reaction when I see it.

1 Like

I think Wrighty summed it up pretty well:

https://twitter.com/IanWright0/status/1754230198533324886

Essentially, beating a big club like Liverpool is something that Arsenal should be celebrating; it proves that they’re on the right track.

If anything, we should be taking Arsenal’s reaction as a compliment.

2 Likes

I’m not bothered about the celebration. It’s a big deal to beat Liverpool. It kept their league season alive, even if it is only early Feb.

League Cup aside, they hand out the prizes in a few months time.

My guess is Arsenal will win nothing. We’ll see.

Agreed but not fussed about Arse. What matters is they’ve handed the initiative to cheaty and we know they aren’t going to take it back when they play them.

1 Like

They can win the CL, they won’t but I’m happy for them if they do.

1 Like

How many such celebrations did we have over the last few years…

1 Like

It’s not everyone against City. Losing to us does nothing for Arsenal and they obviously want to win every game.

Do you remember when Dalglish’s Blackburn needed a win on the last game of the season against us to make sure they beat United to the title? Everyone was saying that we would throw the game, but we won it.

2 Likes

Stevie G’s dont let it slip post match team talk/huddle on the pitch?