Breaking News Thread

Nahhhh…

thats the look on Haaland face when he knew he had to play against Scotland!

He was setting it up as a tourist venture. They’d claim the submarine was an innovative design.

Material choice, form of construction and hull shape maybe but as with pretty much all innovation you have to test and certify to prove that it meets the required standard. They appeared to have ignored that part of the process.

Why is a fascinating question. Doing business on the cheap, maximising profits or a genuine core belief that cutting corners is wholly justified because the world is bloated by h&s legislation and processes.

2 Likes

Never understood the attraction of the titanic. Have not even watched the movie. It is a shipwreck, like many shipwrecks in the world.

Ah ha, yes but how many people had died before? They are now forever etched in folklore as people who paid quarter of a million to die.

Apparently the first proper global news thanks to Marconi radios.

1 Like

And even those have attracted followings, documentaries, books and movies. It’s a legitimate branch of research, history and lore. Nothing quite like not being interested yourself, doing no background reading even superficially and then saying ‘I dOnT uNDerStand’, I suppose.

1 Like

OK sure :joy:

I guess there’s nothing quite like an epic fail.

Titanic was sold as unsinkable. And on top of that certain warnings were ignored. And further design failings (no. of lifeboats) and processes made it all the more tragic. Far more died than should have.

You can even throw in a conspiracy of a fire in one of the boiler rooms.

2 Likes

A body has been discovered near to where the actor Julian Sands went missing:

There’s no ID yet but clearly a tragedy/closure for one family.

1 Like

Thirty years on … not only has the stain not faded , it’s been compacted.

2 Likes

:scream::scream::scream:

Nervous Tyler James Williams GIF by ABC Network

1 Like

Phew. Mega news. Sleep well everyone.

1 Like

If you’ve ever broken a composite bat (I have many) then you’ll notice a pattern in the material at the break. Alignment of the weaves at specific angles affects both the rigidity and the flex of the materials. I’m sure a company like CE Composites would be a good resource in this situation.

I haven’t seen any photos of the break but will assume it either snapped in a straight line or shark-toothed, dependent on the layering.

Who?

You know: the guy who was responsible for our Champions League exit when we wasted 33 attempts on goal.

1 Like

Just such a long time since I last saw him, like he’s just dropped off this flat earth!

1 Like

Stunned to see this

https://twitter.com/RnaudBertrand/status/1674959206422806528?s=07&fbclid=IwAR3SR9X5kKR1S9aa1beYFypK0RQNs0c_lLTPKYCHFnMY3qJhLjUbUpiNHxs

2 Likes

Absolutely shocking language there being used by the police. Almost as shocking is the number of people who share that sentiment. I think Le Pen will be a shoe-in at the next Presidentielle.