Breaking News Thread

Bring back the Anti Nazi League!

4 Likes

Because they don’t want migrants they set the newly refurbished library on fire .

8 Likes

It’s quite apt, they’re literally ignorant people rioting against knowledge.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Yes, but way way before that and also predating the big books burnings of Ancient Rome, Qin Shi Huang also known as Shih Huang Ti or The First Emperor was the greatest destroyer of books by fire, in 213BC.

3 Likes

True, it used to be a way of supressing knowledge and opinions you loathed, the Romans did this a lot with much more than books, it was their modus operandi to annihilate the memory of many of the cultures they conquered and they were not alone in doing so as you note. But I think we can all agree that it is Authoritarian or Totalitarian and has little in common with Free Speech, political freedom and modern democracy.

3 Likes

People who could have become more knowledgeable through this brandnew library they paid for with their taxes, decided to stay stupid and burnt it down. By doing that, they have also forced young people who could have become more knowledgeable in the future, to remain uncultured. They lose, and everyone else loses at the same time.

2 Likes

Catch em…and make em clean it and repair it…hardwork for 12 hours…

1 Like

https://t.co/Wk7rfZnyyW
(x.com)

2 Likes
1 Like

Libraries are often the targets in these sort of nativist protests because they are viewed as somewhere “immigrants” go to use free resources that we pay for.

3 Likes

The thing about ignorance is that it’s equally pitiable as it is worthy of contempt.

They are poor, uneducated people who have fallen hook line and sinker for the populist shit of grifters like Farage and Tice. And they are also fucking idiots.

1 Like

WTF is wrong with you English?
All peaceful up here.

3 Likes

Seemingly they were planning a stooshie and shat their breeks:

3 Likes

This is an example where I can agree on shit parenting. Bringing your underage children on a racist march where you well know there may be violence.

5 Likes

Events in Bangladesh make the UK riots look like just a rowdy Saturday night.

Things are getting very serious there. Demonstrators are marching on the capital.

Of course, I hope @Iftikhar and his family are safe. The Internet is now back up there, apparently.

6 Likes

Oh, and there’s this. The world’s going to hell in a handcart.

5 Likes

Army Chief to address soon. Military rule incoming.

3 Likes

I am reading on the BBC that protestors have stormed the PM’s residence and that the PM has left the country.

The BBC is now reporting that Sheikh Hasina has resigned.

2 Likes

Hasina has left Bangladesh :bangladesh:.

Negotiations ongoing to form a caretaker government.

6 Likes