Breaking News Thread

What a peculiar post. Were you born prior to 1940? If not, you are from a generation that also had drug problems in the youth years. I’m not a millenial, and although I never did it, I had friends regularly heading off to nightclubs taking eccies. To call out one age group over drug problems that have been prevalent for 70 years is just so strange.

3 Likes

I run self help classes, does the same thing :wink:

1 Like

That’s him!!! Oh and its watering cans now…

No Maria, they mixed with their ‘own kind’. Always flash cars with expensive track suit clad scallies at the house. Her friends were the ‘molls’ to these wannabe gangsters. All fake tan, big lips and eyelashes. She’s had no visitors lately though while he is resting at Her Majesty’s boarding house. :joy::nerd_face:

1 Like

I was at University in the late 60s so yes of course I was aware of drugs and especially purple hearts and cannabis…but certainly not coke and I was specifically referring to the widespread use of coke which I am reliably informed is the drug of choice of “millennials”…a term my daughter uses all the time as she is in the social media / marketing industry.

1 Like

It’s a widespread drug used by everyone, hardly just a millenial problem is it?

Legalise drugs. Tax them. Take the money out the hands of criminals and use it to help those with addiction issues. Take people out the prison system.

It all makes sense to me. We’ve got no problems with cigaretttes and alcohol being legal, so why not marijuana, MDMA or psilocybin at the very least?

4 Likes

Curiously specific. Should you be declaring an interest? :wink:

GIF by Originals

1 Like

Ha.

I just picked a few drugs that don’t turn you into a raving, angry knobhead.

As somebody who lived in Liverpool city centre for 9 years, I can only imagine how much nicer a place it’d have been if coke and alcohol were replaced by those 3.

3 Likes

She’ll be out on her arse, when the house is taken off them as well. And before anyone asks, no I don’t have any sympathy for her. She would’ve known where the money was coming from and was quite happy to live off the proceeds.

2 Likes

Whilst I agree that they deserrve to lose all gains from illegal enterprises, the problem is that she will be straight down the local council and will be given a free flat at the tax payers expence

Or maybe the boomers who criminalised said drugs should reflect and realise that actually, they’re the ones forcing all these tragedies to happen?

Or that drug addiction is largely a result of the policies they voted for resulting in social alienation?

1 Like

Weren’t drugs largely made illegal in the 1920s so hardly a boomer issue.

I actually agree with decrimanalising drugs. It is the only solution.

1 Like

I was actually mocking the generalisation of generations with that, while sprinkling in some truth in there.

To blame “millennials” for it is completely absurd, although you are completely right that those who take such drugs while knowing their provenance while championing more ethical behaviours are hypocrites.

Back in their day boomers got their kicks by drink driving rather than stickin foreign muck up their nose.

1 Like

I guess what what you meant to say was…

Back in their day boomers got their kicks by drink driving rather than stickin foreign muck up their nose…and then driving.

And I agree with you.

As reported here its not quite as bold a step as I’d heard he was considering but a big step forward nonetheless
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-08-24/cocaine-legalization-rejected-by-colombia-s-leftist-government

1 Like

Not necessarily. In fact, the opposite could be true, particularly with something like cocaine.

1 Like

Would legalised drugs be as cheap.Illegal cigarettes are still an issue because of this.

What’s happened in parts of the world where they’ve legalised canabis (e.g parts of USA)? Has that had much of an effect on general drug misuse (heavier stuff in particular)? Any negative effects? I’ve often wondered if this was the best way of ‘dealing’ with drug gangs, make it legal so you can tax it and stop dealers. Same goes for prostitution I’d have thought, if that was legal wouldn’t it stop expoitation of women from being shipped here and held against their will and also violence against them? Taking drugs / using prostitues might not be morally a good thing but you are never going to stop it so trying to control it by licensing it is probably the lesser of two evils.

Legalising recreational drugs and prostitution?

Happy Chris Hemsworth GIF by Marvel Studios