Breaking News Thread

Kidnapped by some nut job that had already served jail time (20yrs I think) for an earlier kidnapping…
He needs taken out ASAP…

1 Like

I know some people work Parliament and there is a lot of chatter that she’s passed away. Could be a big day…

1 Like

Will Charles pass on his right the throne to his son William or is that not even possible?

1 Like

Are you kidding? You think Charles would decline the position he’s waiting for all his life?

1 Like

Looks like she waited for the other Elizabeth to take charge.

Didn’t think it was as serious as rumour’s she’s passed. She’s certainly lost a lot of weight and looking rather frail, but i had assumed she was just a bit under the weather.

Charles has been waiting for the opportunity to become king for very long - he’ll not give that up, and won’t abdicate either once in - Will will have to wait a few years.

Truss didn’t go up to Balmoral and poison her for nothing. She wants it all. PM and Queen. Johnson lacked ambition.

Prime Minister Truss GIF by GIPHY News

She probably hung on long enough to see Boris gone, and is now in despair.

The civil service is generally put in a state of purdah when there is a significant royal death. I believe that they are informed ahead of an official announcement if there is a death although when I worked there the only ones that would have applied to (Diana and the Queen Mother) occurred at the weekend.

The fact that they have made an official announcement indicates that they don’t expect the queen to survive for long.

1 Like

Possibly if it meant entertaining Trump in 2025…

Weird statement to make, she’s not well, doctors are concerned but she’s comfortable? Hate to say it but is sounds very grim.

Charles as King following Truss becoming PM really does make the last few years look like normality. The world’s on fire our majesty, do please hang on.

2 Likes

It is. I think they are putting the succession plan in place at the moment.

1 Like

Operation London Bridge.

1 Like

A lot of Elton John and Phil Collins to be played on Radio One and Two?

No just asking

All her children en-route :relieved:

Or The Smiths?

1 Like

Remember she is 96. A simple flue could be enough to see her health deteriorate quiet rapidly.

She should stay away from flues then.