Breaking News Thread

Still… he only missed it by 2%… :see_no_evil:

Its knife-edge as you say, but I don’t trust Bolsonaro to play by the rules. He has already started his intimidating tactics on voters lately, and it will only get worse before the end of the month.

From this article:

Much of the campaign, however, was overshadowed by concern that Mr Bolsonaro may not accept defeat after he had said that “only God” could remove him from office.

He had also cast doubts on Brazil’s electronic voting system, alleging - without providing any evidence - that it was open to fraud.

With the result much more favourable to him than predicted, he is now likely to concentrate more on how to sway those voters who cast their ballot for one of the other nine candidates who were eliminated in the first round.

He plays the game just like Trump, and if he finds a way to influence the votes, even if it’s not legal, he’ll use it.

100%. He is playing the Trump book since 2020.

1 Like

Sure, but it’s not like he was being above board before this. Even when using the powers of incumbancy and showing he wasnt going to play fair, his opponent got millions more votes then him. It’s right to not celebrate, but some of the framing of this has been weird. So much of the press these days seems more interested in demonstrating their intellectual bonafides by writing stories to tell you what that what is obviously true actually isnt true (if you just had the brains to see the situation differently), but Bolsonario doing marginally better than his polls and avoiding a first round loss is not in fact a win for him, because it’s Lula he has to beat (as in, get more votes than him), not his expectations.

I dont think it is the case, but if the press was motivated to write stories to try to prop up Bolsonario’s chances, they would be indistinguishable from much of the coverage I’ve seen.

1 Like

Increasing focus on the inappropriate (illegal?) use of tear gas in responding to the pitch invasion. It highlights the dangers of the UEFA’s attempt to sweep the Paris final fiasco under the rug - when bad policy produces awful outcomes you dont get the remedy if the authorities hide the real facts.

2 Likes

I agree with this. If everything goes on fairly and correctly, Lula will be the next president. But will Bolsonaro play by the rules?

That’s the big question. I wonder how much grip he has on the army for instance. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he staged a military coup if Lula comes out winner, or maybe even before that. Hopefully he hasn’t too much influence on the generals, fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Robbie-Fowler-Michael-Owen-Football365~2

Done.

1 Like

Oh shit do I really have to go to Italy to kill that little fucker? :rofl:

Huh?

Brazil then, same shape and I was educated in the USA! :rage:

Huh?

You have writers Huh!

Putin and Assad as allies?

birds of a feather…

Did you check the source…

I’ll delete, I only saw NY Post…

Horrible news

My favourite picture from twitter today from the schoolgirls across Iran.

Not one fcuking word from any muslim country, even from the prominent so called feminists, even those who do not have good relations in Iran.

11 Likes

I can’t even. what the fuck is wrong with people. little kids taking naps. so sad.

1 Like

This is unfortunate. Thai people are one of the nicest people you will find. Pre Covid, I go there at least 50 times in 5 years for work. Even in hardship, Thai people try their best always to smile and just go about working hard for their living. But unfortunately, sometimes when some of them felt oppressed, they can go the other extreme, we had tourists who think they can bully Thais because of their gentle and obliging nature and end up getting beaten or killed. In this case, getting sacked and with drug abuse (another big problem over there), he was just a case waiting for a trigger for him to go crazy and unfortunately, this time round, so many people including children are killed for no reason. Its sad. RIP.

1 Like

I 100% agree. I very much enjoyed my time in Bangkok. even when a went through a turnstile on the train sideways with my pack on and the gates closed on my nuts, they were kind to me when i was on the floor and my wife laughing at me.

“you banged your cock in bangkok” was her cry of laughter…

I was listening to a South American correspondent who agrees with that. He didn’t say it was completely out of the question but he did doubt its likelihood.

1 Like