Breaking News Thread

I’m definitely anti-semitic then !

Has nothing to do with what I said.

Maybe the Dutch far left are different, but I don’t think I’ve encountered any writing, whether left or right, that suggests that all Israelis are terrorists who are no better than Nazis…

2 Likes

Whatever mr. who thinks he knows it all … :sleeping:

2 Likes

Are you okay?

2 Likes

I think no matter what Israel thinks is necessary to protect themselves, it is not necessary right. It’s a thin line between protecting yourself and becoming the very threat you were protecting yourself from. There is only loser in continuous conflict, the common people.

But of course not many people would understand the mindset of a small country who probably for decades could not sleep in peace because of the numerous rhetoric of how they should be taken by force and ceast to exist. As a Singaporean and having family members who lived through the Konfrontasi and how the racial riots were rampant and how Singapore was kicked out of Malaysia because we wanted a Malaysian Malaya but they wanted to preserve the priority of Malay racial dominance. Even as recent as last year, probably the most famous Malaysia politician said that Malaysia should claim Singapore be returned to Malaysia because it is Malay land. Such threats might seem trivial to some but when made constantly cause unease. The good thing is in Malaysia and Singapore, we have by and large politicians who prefer to pursue collaboration and peace and the right to coexist. The situation, culture and mindset in middle east would be vastly different from us but we hope all parties see sense to coexist and pursue peace but I am pessimistic. When I was doing a presentation in Dubai for our market performance in middle east, I even had to remove Israel from the map as instructed, I think Israel and some of the Middle Eastern nations would destroy each other if they ever could.

4 Likes

This reminds me very much now of the saying at the time in the US, about ‘A good Indian is a dead Indian’. It’s exactly the same racist and brutal position.

I’ve never read or heard that anywhere. Can you share a link or something?

1 Like

I doubt that I’m alone in being completely disinterested in anything they have to say.

3 Likes

hrmmm…you open your checkbook to start.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/04/world/canada/canada-indigenous-children-settlement.html#:~:text=The%20Canadian%20government%20agreed%20to,experienced%20by%20First%20Nations%20children.

This is horrible.

Going back to the subject of Haiti:

That makes pretty grim reading.

1 Like

A failed state with no army , a compromised and under-funded police force and an absolute reluctance by any international actors to want to get involved. It’s hard to see anything other than a complete collapse of law and order and a likely descent into another narco state.

Grim indeed.

‘Hello , hello … good to be back …’

I had the misfortune to meet Mr Glitter once. He was very unpleasant and this was years before his kiddie fiddling background came to light.

Chinese Spy Balloon makes land in North Wales.

Another example of how fucked up our justice system is

1 Like

I thought you were only given parole if you had admitted your wrongdoing and exhibited some kind of atonement. As far as I know , this prick did neither.

Getting parole: Overview - GOV.UK.

They want them out as quickly as possible.
People like him shouldn’t be in prison.

Find him guilty take him round the back of the courts and pop a bullet in his head.

1 Like