Breaking News Thread

Fires in Chile, 23 dead so far. It really looks bad with very strong winds impossible conditions for firefighters.

My daughter sent me a video, shes concerned.

BBC reporting that a second earthquake hit about an hour ago.

My heart and prayers go out to the people of Turkey amd Syria, after that devastating earthquake. Huge appreciation to the Emergency services and their service dogs saving lives right now. :broken_heart: :pray:t2: :palms_up_together:t2:

7 Likes

:broken_heart::pray:

1 Like

Glad to hear he’s been found and doing ok (for now) but this truly makes for horrifying reading.

@saddickadams

I’m still in contact with Christian Atsu’s management. A teammate of Atsu has confirmed to them, the player has been found and taken to the hospital. They expect an official statement from his club soon. Prayers still with him and everyone. Trust God he is safe .

**UPDATE: I’m told Christian Atsu was on the 9th floor of the collapsed building with 9 other players and 2 officials. **

**3 players and one official have been rescued. **

Officials of the club are at the site as search continues.

Our brother will be out safe. Insha Allah. Trust

4 Likes

Heartbreaking :sob:

3 Likes

The pictures are heartbreaking. Unfortunately, Northern Syria seem to be getting the least help in this catastrophic tragedy.

Ukraine also sent Rescuers in the midst of their own war.
These rescuers out there now are heroes.

7 Likes

There is a problem with Bashar al Assad’s government demanding that all NGOs and all aid goes through their official channels and routes. Unfortunately, this again means that most of it won’t reach north western Syria under rebel control because Damascus is cynical like hell.

2 Likes

RIP to all victims and my sincere sympathy to the bereaved, it is absolutely horrific. The number of dead particularly in Turkey is likely going to be above 20 000 in the end from what I understand. Let us hope that it will be less, but I have read predictions of up to 30 000…
From today, almost no one will be saved due to to temperature and it is likely a matter of digging up corpses. The temperature is sadly a big problem :frowning: Some can live in almost hibernation for several days, but it is rare…

Cant’t speak to the credibility of the article but it wouldn’t be suprising if it were true:

You could only hope that Countries realize petty wars and one-upmanship etc mean squat when you look at the devastation that Turkey and Syria face. This is the time for all countries to come together and help as much as they can (even if there’s aid going in which goes to assad).

1 Like

What? And miss the opportunity to kick your enemy while they’re down?

Why!! Everyone is suffering greatly!!

wow, never heard of this happening before

Kicking off in Knowsley, apparently. Sounds like a rent-a-mob job.

Miracle baby! What fighter :heart_eyes::heart::palms_up_together::pray:

7 Likes
1 Like

4th downing, this time object looks like an octagon with no visible propulsion, yesterday it was silver grey cylindrical object.

Next week will be interesting in regards to information…

I guess this sounds reasonable