Bundesliga / German NT

He really have burst into the scene this season. The previous few seasons weren’t such good.

Bayern with Sule at RB? :joy:

Also, is it the first time that Alaba, Davies and Hernandez all start?

Alaba playing in midfield at the moment.

1 Like

Has @Scott.Jones hacked your account? :thinking:

1 Like

Slapstick defending from Leverkusen there, 1-1

3 Likes

And then Tah decides the match for Bayern.

3 Likes

The amount of hype this guy gets from people who don’t watch him is bemusing.

Absolutely shite footballer, what a calamity.

4 Likes

He’s big and he jumps. Might as well buy The Rock, at least he’s entertaining

4 Likes

He’s one of those names who will lazily keep getting “linked” with Liverpool throughout his career, like Simon Kjaer, and I’ll never know why.

:joy:

1 Like

Computer says ‘yes’ though, apparently…

1 Like

7 games in a row Bayern conceded first.

1 Like

Get the feeling that Bayern aren’t such a machine a lot of people make them to be after the way they ended up last season and picked up almost every trophy.

Full respect to Flick, he did a great job taking over from Kovac. After a few years of a team getting old in a few positions, slowing down… he made Bayern a proper unit again, with sense with and without possession. But I do feel that it takes very little for the world to call Bayern the world’s greatest team in a certain moment. Especially if it’s someone like Heynckes/Flick at the helm.

It’s often difficult for me to judge Bayern in a more European context. They’re one of the best sides at the moment for sure, but suddenly the best only based on how they ended last season? Nah, not for me. I actually believe we’re little bit better when all players are fit and in form, more complete. Some of their CB options aren’t that great in my opinion.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more. The constant hype in German football media about them being ‘the best team in the world’ is nauseating.

1 Like

One game. Home and away. We would have beaten them last season. 100%.

They were lucky we were drawn to Atlético.

2 Likes

The Bender twins - Lars and Sven - announced that they both will end their careers after this season.

1 Like

Anyone seen the Goretzka comments about the AfD? :+1:
I’d still want us to buy him if he ever gets tired of Lederhosen :wink:

3 Likes

This?

Sounds like a left winger :thinking:
“He went on to describe his contempt for the AfD, saying that: “When a party is supported and led by Holocaust revisionists and Corona deniers, then they are unmasking themselves.” He even used some strong language to condemn the AfD: “It has become clear, particularly during the Corona crisis, what kind of party this is. For me, it’s not an alternative, but in fact a disgrace for Germany.””
Or can he play centre back?
2 Likes

Goretzka is my absolute favorite German player. So underrated. I posted back on TIA I thought for sure we were signing him when photos surfaced of him rooting us on in CL and it had been announced he was leaving Schalke. Absolute beast.

And as an aside, his physical transformation has been…,fascinating.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Leon in lockdown

3 Likes
1 Like