Bundesliga / German NT

Agreed on Haaland’s talent. Legitimate superstar in the making. And Dortmund was a completely different side in the second half.

2 Likes

If you’re being serious, I’m not sure I can agree with that. There is a danger of him doing a Lewandowski if he remains at Dortmund for, say, two or three more seasons but staying put for now should be the best for his development. I see him as a heir apparent to Lewandowski and Kane, who both looked somewhat gangly and cumbersome but scored for fun - before they turned into complete, truly world class strikers.

From the perspective of a Liverpool fan, while I admire Sancho’s talent very much, perhaps it’s Haaland who could be Liverpool’s big money purchase one day. Yeah, the question is whether he and Mbappe can play together but I’ll let Klopp decide. :wink:

4 Likes

Or Shearer, Sheringham, Kanu, Viduka, Bergkamp, Ibrahimovich, Ferdinand, Kane, Costa, Drogba.

Lukaku is also in the all time top 20 premier league goal scorers.

1 Like

Wow, you threw a lot of players in the same bracket there. :joy:

1 Like

5 Likes

Hertha with another dreadful effort, losing to Arminia.

1 Like

Holstein Kiel vs. FC Bayern Munich, would it be worth watching!!! I got live stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHH7_W00cqI

3 Likes

Ha ha. That’s all

3 Likes

Nice from the Rekordmeister.

3 Likes

Dang, I was watching the Juventus vs. Genoa game.

Union again yesterday. Late winner to snatch all 3 points v Leverkusen. Knocking on the door of earning European football. What a side!

Meanwhile Hertha remain adrift in mediocrity, just now drawing 0-0 against Köln.

2 Likes

Leipzig draws, Dortmund draws; it’s like everyone wants Bayern to win the league. :triumph: :rage:

1 Like

Together with Union Berlin watching this young Stuttgart team is most positive of this Bundesliga season.

‘Diamond Eye’ Sven Mislintat did a great job in scouting those talents and building that squad.

• Nicolas González their best player. Surely will be playing CL soon. Reminds me of a young Luis Suarez.

• Silas Wamangituka very raw but a joy to watch.

• Orel Mangala and Wataru Endo probably the best midfield duo in the league. The belgian reminds me of Gini. Very good in doing the dirty work but better in 1v1s / dribblings.

1 Like

David Abraham and the referee swapped shirts after the game.

He had his last game in Germany today and will go back to Argentina after 13 years in Europe.

2 Likes

Who is this Matthew Hoppe kid who is scoring a few goals for Schalke lately?

They either get a new kid here and there or go back to a veteran like Huntelaar to try and save them.

:joy:

4 Likes

The question should be why our american posters aren’t already calling him the next big thing :see_no_evil:

Came through from the Barca academy in Arizona. Very anonymous in Schalkes U19s and second team and now he scored 6 goals in 8 games in the Bundesliga.

4 Likes

Leipzig, Leverkusen and Dortmund are passing the pillow among themselves.

I’ve only seen him play twice (scored the winner against Dortmund this week) but Florian Wirtz looks like a really good prospect at Leverkusen,17 year old Attacking Mid who can play both wings,6 goals and 6 assists in 20 games this season.

I’m not 100% but i’m sure we got linked with him a couple of seasons ago.

1 Like

Please, not from Bundesliga.

After beating Leipzig and Bayern, Gladbach also beat Dortmund tonight (4-2). Dortmund now 5th but could end up on 8th this weekend.

Gladbach Coach Marco Rose might think twice before he joins Dortmund in the summer.

2 Likes