Bundesliga / German NT

11 contenders for Goal of the year (2020) in Germany.

1 Like

What an interesting day in BuLi.

Mainz beat Leipzig, Wolfsburg over Leverkusen, Union stunned by Augsburg, and Hertha continues to sink like a stone getting crushed by Werder 4-1.

Still obviously miles to go but Hertha dangerously close to finding themselves in the relegation playoff.

1 Like

I don’t think any club ever thought about challenging Bayern in the post-Klopp era.

I think Leipzig and Dortmund are only interested in qualifying for Champions League and getting hefty fees from players’ sale.

I can’t see Julian Nagelsmann staying beyond his contract period. Unless, Bayern comes calling.

1 Like

I think Bayern showed how dominate they were in lockdown, not surprised Dortmund have struggled without fans.

2 Likes

Leipzig have a lot of good players but probably lack a bit of star quality up front.

Dortmund have that quality but plenty of other issues elsewhere. Whilst he’s not the only problem I struggle to see how Burki is still a professional footballer, I’m not sure id swap him for Adrian. Dortmund would be much better off even with a keeper of Sommer or Gulacsi’s quality.

4 Likes

In a shock to no one, Hertha fire Preetz and Labaddia with immediate effect. I’ll admit, I bought into the Bruno revolution in the early stages. Only way from here is up.

2 Likes

Good luck ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Yeah, and they never try to build a squad to challenge Bayern. In the summer Leipzig (Upamecano), Dortmund (Sancho), Leverkusen (Wirtz) will sell some of their key players and start all over again.

1 Like

Interesting to see a struggling Schalke (#16, £195.4 m) and a midtable Eintracht Frankfurt (#20, £152.6 m) making the The Deloitte Football Money League while likes of Leipzig and Leverkusen missing out.

I know it’s the 2019/20 figures and the money for Timo Werner and Kai Havertz sales haven’t been factored in. Still it’s surprising, specially considering Leipzig (CL) and Leverkusen (EL) played in Europe as well.

1 Like

1-3 Hertha lose again. Pal Dardai can’t get the boys on the new/old manager bounce.

Karius didn’t play bad in his appearance. He didn’t give up a goal, so that’s a plus.

1 Like

Any idea when Andreas Luthe will return. I’m terrified about Union with Karius in the goal.

1 Like

Leverkusen knocked out of the cup by a 4th tier side.

2 Likes

:joy:
Neverkusen

2 Likes

The tier side its Rot-Weiss Essen and I am showing my age now my German friends the 70 Willy Lippens (the Duck) was a big player for Rot-Weiss and he was Dutch-German, could play a bit. Watch them many times on Der Sportschau in these days, brings back memories and I can’t believe they are at 4th tier side, what happened?

4 Likes

So we are members of the same age-group🙂.
I remember Willy well, what a player he was, a joy to watch

3 Likes

I clearly remember the commentators in those days, Jetzt wird es dramatisch, spiel auf ein tor, they said that in almost every match in the last 15 minutes. :grinning:

3 Likes

Dortmund really struggled with a full-strength team.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/hMYfCtfpSLY

Probably the Rookie of the Bundesliga season.

Silas Wamangituka
21 years old
Born in Kinshasa
1.89 m (6 ft 2 in)
Signed from Paris FC in 2019

Actually a Forward but at the moment being used as a RWB.

13 goals and 3 assists so far.

3 Likes

While Bayern keeps moving on and on and on, the chasing pack keeps tumbling over each other.