Bundesliga / German NT

5 minutes added.

No extra time. Will go straight to penalties.

2 Likes

Leverkusen doing Leverkusen things

What a crazy crazy…crazy game.

Stuttgart haven’t managed this 2nd half well at all, looked better against 11.

As far as Leverkusen go, they’re going to be in the top 2 again.

Oh dear Silas, what on earth :joy:

Very entertaining for a neutral tbf
https://x.com/GGFN_/status/1824908558070108230

4 Likes

Need to lose occasionally or people will start to think their Bayern Munich

1 Like

We watched the Aachen vs Holstein Kiel game earlier. It ended up 3:2 to Kiel after coming back from 2:1 down with 10 minutes left.

Great match. Not the most skilled, but very entertaining.

My wife was largely brought up in Schleswig-Holstein and they have never really had a Bundesliga side. The nearest big team was Hamburg but she was always nominally a Bayern fan as they made up the backbone of the 1974 World Cup side.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to watching a few Kiel games this season. I’m not sure if they will stay up, but it should be fun watching.

4 Likes

Still a little bit to go, but I’m not impressed by some of Leverkusen’s moves in the transfer market this summer.

Anyone watching the new season tonight? Borussia Mönchengladbach vs Bayer Levekusen.

Give me a “B”!

1 Like

If it’s on Sky…which being on a Friday could well be, then yes.

Tough opener for Leverkusen.

2 Likes

Holy Xhaka moly!! :flushed:

Boniface off the bar, proper unit this fella.

Tapsoba 25 yard strike off the corner of the post and bar, what are these efforts :rofl:

That’ll probably be game over, Frimpong rinsing their defence there…then Gladbach just panic when he tries to find his man, fail to clear their lines and Wirtz sticks it away.

Spoke too soon…great save by Hradechy but can’t keep out the scuffled rebound, Gladbach have caused a few problems for Leverkusen, wow…he’s going to disallow it - being sent for a review, looks like he kicks through the back of Hincapie’s foot to get to the ball.

1 Like

I think it was probably a foul.

Rather a bit of interest though.

1 Like

Play on bloody bit of smoke :joy:

Ok now it really is game on.

Nope, gonna be a 2nd goal ruled out for Gladbach here. Closer than we think then…given!

Given

Wow, what a cute little pass that is. Love it.

What a great game to open the Bundesliga.

Ot oh…

10 mins added time…

A late Leverkusen winner I guess :joy:

1 Like

Wouldn’t you believe it. 100th min, outstretched leg catches the top of the Adli’s foot and penalty awarded. Wirtz converts from the rebound. Incredibly tough on Gladbach.

1 Like

Like it’s getting predictable a bit

2 Likes

Tonight’s entertainment is Union Berlin vs St Pauli. Not sure how the football will turn out, but it sounds amazing. Proper football.

1 Like

Two clubs with amazing fans and great culture.
Football won’t be great, but the atmosphere will be brilliant.

1 Like