Bundesliga / German NT

Never saw that series, but I can tell you it’s the greatest city on earth! :heart_eyes:

Is 4 Blocks the series set in Neukölln?

Truthfully, Berlin is being invaded by hipsters and investment money from all over the world. There’s so much still untouched and frozen in time but there’s a big push for redevelopment in many areas.

My youngest turned me onto an Instagram page called “abandoned Berlin” with beautiful images of abandoned places still frozen in time that will soon be razed and redeveloped.

6 Likes

Yep Neukolln it was set in Neukolln… :0)

It was quite a gritty series revolving around the criminal underworld…
Obviously it was a drama, so it was made up as such…
Still not the best advert for Berlin though, which is a pity really.

1 Like

Suppose I will just have to go one day and judge for myself eh! :0)

1 Like

I’ve lived here for nearly 30 years (mostly in Neukölln and Kreuzberg) and my life has never been affected in the slightest by Arabic gangsters.

It’s a wonderful city, full of opportunities to have a good time, whether partying, relaxing by a lake, exploring quirky galleries, whatever you like. It’s much less stressful than other large cities and is surprisingly green and full of waterways.

Moving here is the best thing I ever did.

8 Likes

I’m a full-on Union Berlin fan this season. :heart: :fist:

That will probably relegate them. :grimacing:

2 Likes

I’m hoping to get down to the ‘Old Forestry’ sometime in the coming season :slight_smile:

1 Like

You don’t mean just old forest, do you?

An der Alten Försterei means by the old forestry. Apparently there was an old forester’s house next to the ground which gave it its name.
Forest would have been Forst, or, more commonly Wald

1 Like
2 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

Thanks @Livvy @Bekloppt

The stadium is still surrounded by forest/trees :heart:

I feel like crying when I see people taking care of keeping the nature undiluted while building something. Here, it’s like Mordor. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

5 Likes

I have started watching that tv show. How waS the story generally?

Also, i am always watching Tatort detective series.I like the format, that each episode is in a different city across the vountry and a different set of detectives and good character development as well as storyline.

1 Like

What is the weather like in winter?

Cold and miserable from Nov to March! Really cold in Jan, Feb

1 Like

Congratulations Maria, you’ve reached end level German, are you wearing socks with your sandals yet? :wink:

4 Likes

Hi Maria… I found the 4 Block series a touch grim and depressing to be honest…
Lost interest in the second series and couldn’t really be bothered following it any further…
Never heard of the Tatort series so googled for some information… It has 50 seasons…!!!
Might give it a watch to see what the fuss is all about…
On the other side of the coin…
I enjoyed watching JUSTIFIED… Easy watch (American) 8/10
and/or
TABULA RASA… Kept me guessing throughout (Belgium) 8/10
The best French series I have found by a mile… BRAQUO 8/10

1 Like

Hertha unveil their new shirts for next season. Nothing wild or extraordinary but I do like the simplicity.

1 Like

Not a fan of that crest + it seems too big on the kit.

That badge is massive otherwise I agree.

The first and the third photos are of the same kit, right?

It’s ugly :nauseated_face:

There are too many patterns and they are too prominent. Even the logo is obscured.