Bundesliga / German NT

I quite like it. There’s only so much that can be done with our traditional stripes!

1 Like

I’m a traditionalist. If your kit is blue and white stripes, wear blue and white stripes. It really isn’t rocket science :wink:

1 Like

These are stripes, but reimagined for the 21st Century.

Or some other such marketing bollocks.

1 Like

I don’t mind the ‘stripe’ kit.

Maybe I would think diffently if it was our kit and I had to see our boys in it every 2-3 games, but as a neutral I think it looks ok

1 Like
  1. Bundesliga starts next week friday with Schalke vs. Hamburg.
2 Likes

Schalke 1-0 up after 18 minutes.

1 Like

It would have been a Bundesliga heavyweight not long ago. :sob:

I find it disturbing that even in Germany clubs are run in such poor way.

1 Like

One of Arsenal, Spurs or Everton will go down in the next 4 years IMO.

2 Likes

After retiring from professional football the Bender twins, Lars and Sven are now back at their hometown(village) club to play in the lowest division (district class).

Loving the game and humble enough to know when it’s enough. Both 32 and could have easily get another contract in the Bundesliga.

7 Likes

I heard St. Pauli has a passionate fanbase and creates great atmosphere.

1 Like

German Cup gets underway.

1. FC Lokomotive Leipzig :grinning:

I watched the first 60 or so of the Dortmund game, to get an impression of how they might look this season. They played a quite narrow 442, sort of a diamond, with Reyna and Bellingham as the 8s, Reus behind the strikers. Reyna is so smooth receiving and turning with the ball, I wonder if he will be more of a prominent chance creator now without Sancho there.

I also watched the Leipzig game. Back four instead of the back three Nagelsmann often used. More direct, less focus on positioning in the build-up, at least that was my impression. Lots of players centrally looking to play combinations, with the full backs creating width.

4 Likes

Bayern just leveled, guess who scored :wink:

Robert?

Good opening game last night between Gladbach and Bayern. It became very open, especially in the second half, with Bayern chasing the winner and Gladbach really dangerous on the break. Lots of tired legs towards the end.

Similar lineup and setup to last season for Bayern, interesting to see how or if this changes through the season. New partnership at centre back, Upamecano and Sule.

We are having Wolfsburg vs. Bochum live :heart_eyes:.

Some Wolfsburg guy missed the open net in the very first minute. :laughing:

They missed a penalty too and it’s just 7 mins. :rofl:

1 Like

Taiwo Awoniyi scored the opener for Union, but Leverkusen has levelled.

1 Like

Was Upamecano the LCB of the two?

Interested in that Stanisic kid, rumours that he’s about to get a Croatia call up. Heard his name last season, never saw him play.

Yeah, he played.

Upamecano on the right, Sule left.

I thought Stanisic did all right. Looks like his strengths are mainly the defensive part of the game, but I didn’t watch him that closely. He didn’t join the attack much though.

2 Likes