Bundesliga / German NT

What a disappointing showing from Hertha tonight v Frankfurt. They REALLY need to come get Grujić to add protection for their back 4.

EDIT: in positive news they allowed 4000 fans in Olympiastadion tonight.

3 Likes

Ok. Weder shall live for today.

Schalke are fucked this season. Wagner turned grey quickly there. Occupational hazard in Gelsenkirchen , I guess.

4 Likes

2nd game watching Kabak,hmmmm why are we linked with this kid?? he never seems to be in the right place when corners and free kicks are taken and goals get scored off them,he got sent off for 2 yellows,1st one he just dived and hung onto the Werder player and brought him down,giving away a penalty and the 2nd goal,his 2nd yellow he’s pushed right up field 20 yards into the right side of Werder’s half,ploughed through the back of their player and loses the ball,gets up loses the ball and pulls back the attacker to get set off.

I’m sorry but this kid needs to work on his game for a few years before becoming an LFC player,he’s got no positonal sense,tackling skills are shite,no common sense and is a liability.If this is the best CB we can come up with in the window,we need to save our cash and use Fabinho for 4th place CB.

Edit: Just seen in another thread that the dirty fucker spat on a player,i seen that tackle (which was a piss poor one) but the spittiing was hard to see in real time.Deffo keep away from this guy.

6 Likes

For those that missed it :frowning_face:

1 Like

Wholeheartedly agree with @CymruRed and @Derecho.
I would even go as far as to say Kabak handed us the victory there almost singlehandedly. He threw an already unshure defense totaly off. Karius levels of panic inducing this kid.

3 Likes

Wagner sacked at Schalke

2 Likes

No, no, no, and no. You can’t accept a player that spits. Not everyone is well rounded. You can get angry and frustrated. You can say bad words, you can even throw a punch. But no human being can spit at another.

1 Like

I wonder if he’s glancing at a return to England. There could be spots opening up soon (if the season goes ahead that is).

Atm his reputation in the BL is tarnished , but a lot of his struggle was actually down to the mess Schalke as an organisation is imho.

I feel for Wagner. He started off management so well, but then hit problems in England but being honest, Huddersfield was never going to improve. He then started well with Schalke, but that team is an organization mess.

I’ve followed Schalke for a couple years because they had Wagner (former USA player) and Weston McKennie. Watching them 2 years ago they seemed to have some talent and potential but then last year it seemed like they had very little talent out there. McKennie worked hard, but the team was a mess. (I am so glad McKennie is gone)

I don’t know if Wagner screwed up at Schalke or if the club just never got real talent out there, but this was a long time coming.

Change in topic, but I follow many Americans Abroad, especially young ones that actually have potential. Been really happy to see Josh Sargent playing well (according to stories here) for Werder.

1 Like

Hoffenheim 3-1 up against Bayern. Still 15 odd minutes to go.
Thiago effect? :wink: I hope.

3 Likes

Hoffenheim has a pen. Neuer brought down the shooter

4-1

Hoffenheim had so many other chances too. Could have been 5 or 6-1 by now.

4 Likes

4-1 now. Loving it, best team in the world my arse

3 Likes

Yep, saw the last 20 and Bayern didn’t look that convincing at the back.

Life without Thiago.

2 Likes

It looks like they’re believing their own hype. They expect to just show up now and opposing sides simply roll over. They needed brought back down to earth.

4 Likes

Read the other day that Kramaric is the Bundesliga’s 3rd top goalscorer since 2016. Behind Lewa of course and Werner I think. He’s doing well in that free role as second striker in Hoffenheim’s flexible system with numbers forward. That league suits him well, too.

1 Like

He does actually. He had a slow start , due to adapting to moving continent. And he didn’t get into a strong Werder team either - so there was some pressure of expectation on him. But he’s getting there.

Especially assertiveness / physical application has gotten a lot better. He was a little to nice in the beginning :grin:

2 Likes

Bayern have a very small squad IMO.

1 Like

In some positions it seems a bit light, yeah. Like Real in central midfield. Clubs who have ambitions in many competitions.

1 Like