Bundesliga / German NT

5:0 before half time. This is what Sadio was after. Defences that would look flimsy on a Subbuteo table.

2 Likes

Frankfurt scored, VAR said no goal

Frankfurt scores again, now it counts. Deserved tbf

Musiala is unbelievable. An absolute football superstar in the making.

3 Likes

Musiala scored the 6, what a talent

2 Likes

What sort of player do you think he will ultimately develop into? What role do you ultimately see him playing?

2 Likes

Normally it is tight at the top of the Bundesliga after round 1 before the inevitable thereafter. I guess not this season.

1 Like

Just my opinion of course, depending on formation I’d say he’s a naturally crafty and gifted scoring threat on the wing. For certain an advanced attacking role.

I don’t know exactly what formation Nagelsmann runs but I get the sense he plays Jamal much deeper than the player feels comfortable playing at times. It could be just my perception, of course, but I get the sense Nagelsmann is trying to get him into the lineup and onto the pitch however he can. He’s quality anywhere he plays but his long term projection is a scoring winger.

Hansi tries different things with Jamal at the national team, but for the most part he’s been playing him as an attacking midfielder. To that point I cannot wait to see how he deploys him at World Cup.

Bundesliga is so horrible. Frankfurt is a decent team (though they finished bottom-half last season) and Bayern just wiped the floor with them. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

They should have a rule that Bayern aren’t allowed to buy any player from another Bundesliga club. That might stop them cherry picking the best players from their rivals and allow other teams to build a to challenge.

1 Like

Berlin Derby tonight :boom: :boom: :boom: Are you going @Bekloppt @Neukölln

1 Like

I said to this a friend and then I said then again isn’t it what Man City do.

1 Like

VfB stuttgart v RB Leipzig on sky 12 minutes remaining 1-1.

2 Likes

I would have loved to be at the derby but I am currently stateside in Washington, DC on 5 day assignment. I was treated to NY Red Bulls v DC United last evening. Beautiful and intimate ground, the supporters create a wonderful atmosphere from minute 1, I was sat in the DC end, but the quality of football leaves a bit to desire.

5 Likes

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

Fabrizio Romano

@FabrizioRomano

6h
Leipzig are set to sign Timo Werner from Chelsea, here we go! Been told it will be a permanent deal and NOT loan. Werner will leave Chelsea. #CFC First call
@Plettigoal
today, now final details being discussed - it’s done, personal terms are agreed since 1 month.

1 Like

I’ve thought since Christmas Werner was coming back to BL. I guessed it would be Dortmund but Leipzig also makes a lot of sense.

6 Likes

1-2 truly top class players there, a few very good ones and the rest are nothing special.

1 Like

Manuel Neuer: Sold to Bayern for €30m in 2011
Sead Kolasinac: Went to Arsenal for FREE
Benedikt Höwedes: Loaned to Juventus in 2017
Joel Matip: Went to Liverpool for FREE
Thilo Kehrer: Sold to PSG for €37m in 2018
Weston McKennie: Sold to Juventus for €20.50m in 2021
Ilkay Gündogan: FREE transfer in 1999 :rofl:
Mesut Özil: Sold to Bremen for €5m in 2008 :rofl:
Max Meyer: Went to Crystal Palace for FREE in 2018
Julian Draxler: Sold to Wolfsburg for €43m in 2015
Leroy Sané: Sold to Cheaty for €52m in 2016

1 Like

Dortmund 1-0 down after 43 minutes played in Freiburg.