Bundesliga / German NT

Bloody hell, last time I checked the scoreline, it was Dortmund up by 2-1.
That’s totally collapse.

1 Like

Lol

Even Ollie Burke scores goals in the Bundesliga.

Just watched the highlights from the Dortmund vs Werder Bremen match. All 5 goals were pretty high quality strikes. Although one would argue that the keepers could have done better. Nevertheless, nice goals.

2 Likes

Really nice passes that led to a goal by Union Berlin. 1-0 vs Leipzig.
Union got another beautiful goal. 2-0

2 Likes

On earth happened to Dortmund today??

How can you be winning 2-0 with 88 mins on the clock AND LOSE

1 Like

The state of German League :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

Least they got a draw.

1 Like

@Werder4life

2 Likes

Watching Werder Augburg.

Pen last min for Werder, outrageous decision btw…everyone starts fighting, keeper kicks the spot.

Keeper saves the spot kick and taunts the home fans, ultras come rushing down and he shits himself lol.

Left
Werder Bremen away

Right
Werder Bremen at home

4 Likes

I absolutely don’t get the abbreviations of the German clubs. What’s VFB? Who’s BAY?

Stuttgart against Bayern München

Yeah, got that eventually.

VFB is an abbreviation for a phrase that essentially means Sports Club, the same way many clubs in English have AFC (association football club) or FC as part of their official name.

1 Like

2-2 :partying_face:. Though Stuttgart was generally shit.

3 Likes

Is that three league draws in a row.

Hmm, considering the league they are in that’s not much better than us really if you make a comparable cross over.

Edit: Most German football clubs were technically founded as members’ sporting associations (“sporting” also in the sense that they were not limited to football; this is also the basis of the continuing 50+1 rule), so the appendages to their names reflect that there wasn’t necessarily a standardized way to refer to each distinct organization in German. “Sportverein” (“sport club”) is probably the most common element, but as you can see with Stuttgart there are also “Verein für ______” (“Club for _____” variants, among others.

I’m sure @Jimmyscase would have a more thorough linguistic explanation, but that’s the gist.

2 Likes

I didnt know this bit

At Dortmund, Borussia may originally stem from the Latin word for Prussia

1 Like

So, Klopp was their Blucher back in the day.

:slight_smile:

How is that not a pen for Schalke?

The defender smashes into him from behind…