Bundesliga / German NT

Yup same, good defensively and decent on the ball. Also looks quite mobile

Musiala is ridiculously good!

Another good win for Xabi Alonso

2 Likes

Most talented man in Germany.

4 Likes

Musiala, Wirtz, Moukoko, Adeyemi, Havertz, Sané - enough attacking talent but lacking a real CF

Hoping Neuer will retire. Trapp and ter Stegen are very good and maybe we need that change in goal.

1 Like

There is a lack of quality FBs since Lahm retired and Kimmich switched to midfield.

Rüdiger our only CB at a top club and actually believe he is a bit overrated. The others are just crap.

He looked a poor man’s Lovern at times.

1 Like

Oh and our problems don’t end there.

Gündogan will retire which means Goretzka and overrated Kimmich are the only senior CMs left and I’m not aware of younger players coming through.

1 Like

It felt odd to me that it took this long for Flick to return Kimmich to RB when the options were bad enough early in the tournament to try Sule there, yet alternatives in CM (as with the pairing used today) were more than good enough.

I know Neuhaus appears to have stalled, but could he come into the frame now with a bit of a return to form? I know there are some younger players coming through like Wirtz and that kid who made his Bayern CL debut this season, and while they might be some years off being a big part of the side, a transition period with the passable if not exciting group of players like Can and Demibary probably isnt terrible if you can sort of the rest of the side out. And that to me seems more the issue - a very ungerman lack of genuine goal scorer and at CB. Given Rudiger looks like your only top class one, and even he is a bit wobbly in a flat 4, could a switch to a back 5 be in order? It seems it would solve a LOT of problems. It would help protect the CBs and take pressure of a CM. It could even help you get more of your good wide attackers on the pitch if you put some of them at WB (if you can get them to buy in to the move and not mope).

1 Like

You’ve scored 4 goals today…shouldv’e scored about 4 goals in the first half alone against Japan.

CF’s also miss chances, the main problem is the full backs…that’s what really cost Germany. Sule playing everyone onside.

What CF’s are Japan playing with? Players who score about 5 goals a season in the Bundesliga.

1 Like

Fullkrug? Reminds me a bit of Oliver Bierhoff

1 Like

Kimmich is top quality, Germany cannot allow to throw him back on the right side of whatever. He’s certatinly needed central now with Kroos gone and who knows what happens with Gundo. Least of Germany’s problems, really. Possibly closest to their genuine world class player in my book in his prime. Right now.

It happens, every nation has it’s better and worse periods. Two bad tournaments in a row for Germany and it’s not like they didn’t win the WC with stuff like Howedes at LB and similar.

They need to reorganize, though not dramatize too much, decide on something (Low was starting playing too much before Flick, who inherited a little mess) and improve.

It is a very different situation to the last world cup. They might have limitations that many of the German fans called out ahead of, but it was the tiniest margins that put them out. Both in their loss against Japan, and in Japan’s 2 minute unexpected turn around against Spain.

1 Like

I was referring to the last tournament, that means the Euro last year. Was a tough group, but they didn’t look good. Forgot that they have now 3 bad tournaments in a row.

Kimmich is better as a RB. You don’t weaken such a player by playing him out of position.

Nah, no way. He’s a midfielder and a damn good one.

Kimmich ist good in midfield and good at RB. Nothing more. Overrated by Bayern fans and outside of Germany. Really hasn’t showed much in the last 2 years and since he decided not to take the vax but then did a u-turn because of the pressure by media.

With Gündogan retiring we have only Kimmich and Goretzka (a bit injury prone) left in CM anyway.

We don’t have any other CMs coming through and that’s another big concern.