Bundesliga / German NT

Unless they were after Tuchel all along, but then why not wait until the end of the season or appoint him right away?

Whilst I agree with the three years being a long time, I was looking at it more from a point of what’s left when the manager leaves and what was the build up to it is like.

Gaffers like Mourinho, Conte, and Tuchel tend to leave their jobs following lengthy periods of high tension, falling out with star players etc.

Pretty sure there was other stuff behind the scenes, latest example was someone taking pictures of his match tactics from inside the dressing room.

But I think one shouldn’t underestimate how entitled Bayern are as a club, Bundesliga champions is just expected, they’ve been firing managers after that all the time.

5 Likes

Bayern usually win, but then there’s also how good they are and how much they trust going forward.

Under Nagelsmann, for all the talent so far and certain hype around him, I must admit that they didn’t look great, at least to me. Plus, if there were some off the pitch issues.

Maybe he needs a bit more time slightly below a club like Bayern. Though he could takeover tomorrow at a big club somewhere else and win.

They haven’t replaced Lewandowski (Choupo playing more and better than ever!) that’s true, but it’s a deep squad. The other day they had Mane, Sane and Gnabry coming off the bench.

Somewhat surprising, but it’s just football these days. And there are not thousand managers out there (who will get these jobs). Naglesmann will get new chances. Tuchel will get new chances. Both of them will still be wanted for a good few years at least.

1 Like

Does anyone know how Bayern fans feel about this? Not only the sacking but also the imminent appointment of TT.

I don’t particularly care about Nagelsmann or Tuchel and their futures. They’ll be well off either way anyway.

As for Bayern, they are a club in transition. It’s true, managers come and go, but the real constants for decades were Hoeneß and Rumenigge - both of them are gone now - well, more or less…

1 Like

German reporter called Constantin Eckner says he made a lot of enemies at the club and came across quite passive aggressive…talks of breakdown in relationships with both Neuer and Muller, also the struggles of Mane and Sane both been pinned on him, I question how much they’ve really “struggled”

Not really sure you could say Mane struggled - he was carrying an injury prior to the WC, then needed surgery to fix his knee and this is him just coming back.

Unless they are saying that Nagelsmann played him injured?

I don’t think Bayern fans feel much at all. In general.

2 Likes

That’s two big pairs of shoes to fill… Do you know who will replace them?

Kahn and Salihamidzic are now the two main guys for football operations, no?

1 Like

Yeah. Kahn is Rumenigge’s successor, Hainer is president of the club, Salihamidzic is sporting director. Hoeness and Rumenigge have had different official titles over the many years, but essentially everyone always knew they were ultimately in charge. They still have influence I’m sure, but ultimately time waits for no one.

1 Like

Also note the other bigwigs at the club, people he’ll have to work alongside, are also pretty abrasive people. The chance of this not blowing up are pretty much 0. The only question is whether he’ll have tightened them enough in the in between to win them a CL.

1 Like

Dr House Oops GIF

In January they fired Neuer’s handpicked goalie coach who came to Bayern from Schalke along with Neuer. Neuer is 37 and currently out with a long term leg injury he suffered while skiing when he shouldn’t have been. Many saw this accident as the beginning of the end for his time there, and the sacking of the coach part of that transition. Neuer responded by criticizing the club in the press, and the trident of Salimahadzic, Kahn and the manager were united in their criticism of Neuer over his reaction. This is the genesis of the “falling out”, with Muller also publicly taking the side of the player, but there is no way this sort of move can be pinned on the manager. The manager at Bayern just doesnt have the authority to make a move like this, especially not one so tightly connected to the long term viability of the 37 year old star goalie

I do talk to myself just to clarify :joy:

Another strange one I can’t wrap my head around…so the goalkeeper coach took the flack because Neuer made a personal decision in his life between the time Germany were knocked out the WC and the date Bayern set him to return to training… he went on a ski trip? Sounds to me like Bayern bottled out of disciplining the player (rightly or wrongly) and instead wanted to embarrass him by showing him who’s boss.

Can’t have been sacked based on results…for 1 the timing is all wrong & the manner of the announcement is all wrong, their in the QF of the cup, QF of the CL and in a 2 horse race for the title.

That’s your interpretation, but not what I said.

Neuer only has 1 year left on his contract and at this age is unlikely to be resigned. There was speculation even before this they would move him on in this summer so they could get some money for him. This injury probably prevents that, but the possibility of him not being ready for the start of the season does seem to increase the chances of Bayern trying to start their transition this summer. And given this coach was linked directly to Neuer they let him go

If you believe the rumours Klopp was their no 1 target but said NO.

Its Time Film GIF