Calvin RAMSAY: 2022/23

Any news what’s up with him? Hoped that he would have a good training camp, get himself fit and available for selection. Now he has disappeared a bit like Jones can.

I assume Klopp thinks three defenders on the bench is enough.

He also played 45 minutes across two friendly games.

Maybe Klopp thinks he is rubbish. I don’t know?

Maybe he’s just an 18 year old?

Can’t wait for some people to start slagging him off when he starts playing…

2 Likes

Injured again

Different injury this time though.

Wasn’t Diaz the same injury or in the same area, Diaz feels like it was rushed back Ramsey had a back issue now he’s had surgery on his leg so it’s very difficult to confidently say they should have proceeded with caution.

Though it’s another injury so something isn’t right.

I’m fairly certain I remember reading at the time he got injured, and again when he underwent surgery, that Diaz’s injury was one that could heal naturally and not require surgery, or look like it’s healing but still require surgery after, and that the prudent thing to do was to try to let it heal without surgery first.

I’m not sure why fans are convinced we’ve mismanaged his injury, when it’s entirely part of the plan and just natural.

EDIT: Just to make it clear, this post was not directed at you personally.

With Diaz I just think it was one of those things, again he had put in the minutes and every minute of that pre season.

If we are crap next season I’ll stop with the pre season but I do think it’s Klopp’s regret.

See you in 2025 kid, come back stronger.

What Diaz experienced is always a risk of the so called conservative response to his original injury of putting off surgery.

The back problem is probably linked to his growth.

At many places he’s listed as 177cm’s tall, but on the pitch he immediately looked taller than that to me.

I went to check the official squad picture for this season and he’s about the same height as Jones, that means around 185cm’s.

What I hope now is that they work to have him ready for day 1 of pre-season. Sort all those issues out, work on his body in the best possible way and let’s see if we can count on him next season.

3 Likes

I guess we wouldn’t know about his status either until the preseason starts.

1 Like

Going out on loan to Preston

2 Likes

They treated Sepp pretty well from all accounts and his loan was considered a success.

Hopefully it works out for Ramsay too.

1 Like

Where did you get that :thinking:

hopefully its a good move for him,

gives him an opportunity for game time, help him to adapt to the english game,

I have high hope for him after watching him a few times at Aberdeen

1 Like

Dont think it is official. Echo ran a story that Preston manager (an ex LFC Youth Coach) wanted him on loan and the article said it would be a good move as he needed playing time.

https://twitter.com/AnfieldWatch/status/1668579548051435520?s=20