Caoimhin KELLEHER: 2021/22

He’s a very very good keeper, so calm as well.

1 Like

Because Kenny picks the City lad thats on loan, as he is getting regular football.
Decent keeper but Kelleher is a lot better in my book.

1 Like

Utterly and absolutely happy for the lad. I will be honest, I was a bit jittery to see him in a must-win game. Every time the lad was asked to do a job, he did it, every time.

1 Like
6 Likes

Happy that he is getting his chances but one question I always have especially for GK, is when do you leave or stay? For a high potential keeper who has performed really well and is now 24, you look at Alisson and sees that unless something drastic happens, Alisson is going to still be world class and will stay with us for another 3 years at least? By then I would be 27 and still would have only played the cup games etc. And if tracking Alisson, he himself moved to Roma when he was 24 after playing almost a 100 games for Internacional. Because as much as it’s great for him to learn from the best, the chance of Kelleher becoming world class playing the odd game is low, at 24, should he be seeking a move down to a reasonably profile team where you can play regularly and show what you can do consistently so that a team like Liverpool will see you as first choice… If I am learning from Alisson, I will do just that… But you be leaving a great team and club… It’s really difficult

Well he’s doing fine at that so far. He said he wants to be w one club guy when he signed his extension. I’d be made up with that.

Fucking love him! Best goalkeeper we’ve brought through for a long long time!

1 Like

Absolutely brilliant. Remember all the trouble we’ve had with goalies since …?

I love how we treat him with respect, while Chelsea only look at what they can get out of theirs.

That’s the difference between a Klopp and a pretender. Jürgen knows how to treat people.

3 Likes

Brilliant today in all aspects.

What else can you wish for from a goalie in such a final, with so many tasks?

In a way, it sort of proves to the rest of the team and the whole footballing world how sometimes there are no big differences. Brilliant example.

Having the second most expensive goalkeeper ever and a 23-year old Caoimhin Kelleher with less than 20 games in his career so far.

If nobody told you who is Alisson and who is Kelleher, you wouldn’t say there was a £56m difference between them. And of course, it’s clear who is our 1st choice. But it’s a nice story, something you don’t see often.

4 Likes

What a brilliant show of confidence by Klopp to name him GK weeks ahead. What a show of confidence by Kelleher throughout the match. Both have a great future ahead. Live well and prosper. :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

Read this article yesterday but dared not to post and jinx it.

1 Like

Maybe this is a first but I hope its not the last…
A big shout out to John Achterberg… He must be doing something right eh

Ooooh, you can’t just go around saying things like that around here, what’s wrong with you?

Haha, I disliked even the thought of him a few years ago.

thought he played well the day, showed aa lot of confidence for a young lad playing in such a big game,

but he’s definitely better at taking penalties than saving them! :wink:

Saving a penalty? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, he was close 2-3 times I think?

More than Kepa (I thought that was it when it was Konate’s turn).

:joy:

1 Like

The training centre with all the trophy winning keepers mural will need to be updated soon to add Caoimhin.

4 Likes

It was wild how certain people were of the incompetence of the man, despite having no possible way of knowing what he does on a day-to-day basis.

And at the end of it all it turns out that Reina was just past it, Mignolet wasn’t that good and Karius was fucking shite.

4 Likes

Huge shout out to Danny Ward btw , Had he not left and joined Leicester , Kelleher wouldn’t have been given the chance