Caoimhin KELLEHER: 2021/22

I was, and still am one of those. My issue is that it goes much beyond those you mention, but every keeper that has worked under him has regressed in my view.

They havenā€™t. Alisson is the best keeper in the game and Kelleher has improved tenfold.

1 Like

I think Mignolet was pretty much the keeper we got, Karius possibly some issue with that final but I said this elsewhere I watched him warming up at Anfield a few times and the catching drills they do you rarely see a keeper drop one, Karius would rarely catch one, He had an ok run but it was obvious we needed to replace him that summer.

1 Like

:joy:

1 Like

Photo of Kelleher with Migs in todayā€™s International Friendlies. Kelleherā€™s left knee looked a bit scuffed up.

1 Like

2 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

Is Kelleher a starter for his NT?

I think he only started the last game.

No Man City loanee at Portsmouth got in ahead. Started playing first team football before Caomhin did and played well for Ireland so canā€™t really be dropped. Caoimhin has been unlucky in that regard. Both two young keepers that are very good so will be a tough battle for years if both progress like they are aiming to. Think Bazunu is due a move to championship on loan this season.

Surely if heā€™s that good then he ought to be loaned to a Premier League team?

I think heā€™s a good keeper but not sure if teams at prem level would risk it on him tbh.

I donā€™t know how good this Bazunu lad is, but in my opinion Kelleher would be a starter for bottom half PL teams.

1 Like

Heā€™s more or less the same level as Kelleher (early days for both). I think the fact heā€™s playing week in, week out (albeit at a lower level) is in his favour.

Ireland are shit anyway, so who cares.

2 Likes

Yeah, well, itā€™s bound to happen as long as heā€™s playing well.

Heā€™s a soon to be 24-year old with a grand total of 22 senior games in his career so far and thatā€™s both for club and country.

I hoped and still hope heā€™ll be here for one more season, but itā€™s exected that he attracts interest.

Main thing is that heā€™d under a long term contract and that helps us securing a good sale if it ā€œneedsā€ to happen and there is a possibility.

1 Like

Probably a loan move imo with the talk of a new keeper coming in as backup

Any names been mentioned?

I didnā€™t realize that he is that old already, I assumed he is 21-22. Yes, he is entering his prime years and he has to play regularly to achieve his full potential.

I donā€™t suppose any of the young lads has shown the potential to become the second keeper. This window we have our hands full rejuvenating the midfield and attack. Perhaps next summer we can bring someone in and sell Kelleher.