D.O.B.: 23.11.1998.
Town of Birth: Cork
Country of Birth: Republic of Ireland
Nationality: Irish

1 Like

2023/24: 26 game, 2400 mins

https://x.com/SkySportsNews/status/1833102140203569378

2 Likes

Not a surprise. He is reaching that stage where he really needs to play and is definitely good enough to be a #1 somewhere. The problem would appear to be that for this season at least, we counted om him as the backup, precluding perhaps a season-long loan.

2 Likes

I think his phrasing is very relevant, he said for the past few summers, so it’s not as though it’s a new development that he wants to get out and play games. I think the more interesting development from his perspective is the signing of Mamardashvili. Probably says to him that he has no long-term future with us, and who could blame him?

1 Like

Probably his last season here. I doubt he would go in Jan unless the club is fine with Jaros covering for half a season.

https://x.com/jamespearcelfc/status/1833122454094369246?s=46&t=qjQdwJi2khWQQz87wqB34A

No wonder he stayed

3 Likes

No idea John, no idea.

2 Likes
1 Like

The BBC putting out slightly misleading headlines as usual.

But the clicks!!!

1 Like

Yeah, I would want to do the same if I were him.
We don’t see him as nr 1 or 2 and he should really look for another club for his own good.
It’s a shame, he has been very good for us when he has played. But the club doesn’t think he is good enough or could develop into one of the best in the world (at least not in acceptable time frame for his development) and he should take the consequences of that and leave. As fans, we can only wish him well. He has been all we could hope for really, circumstances being what they were.

Good luck to him ! I hope the club rewards him and sells him to a decent club!

2 Likes

What’s wrong with the headline ?
I read the article, there isn’t anything wrong with the headline really. It explains the gist of it well enough and if you are interested in the small details, you read the articles like most fans will do anyway :slight_smile:

I mean, cynically and ideally, we should keep him as nr 3 since he is very good for a reserve keeper. But that wouldn’t be very kind to him and risks him playing worse for psychological reasons if called upon. It also risks him leaving on a free transfer later on.

They’ve not taken all of his quotes from the interview, and it reads as if he “wants out”.

The headline in the embedded link also varies from the article - typical click bait approach.

As I said - its slightly misleading.

3 Likes

Sure, but no headline ever does that. It can’t, it would be far too long and would no longer be a headline. I thought it was a good headline personally.
And yes you said slightly, but you sounded critical of it and I just didn’t get what there was to criticise (there often is for sure), that is all. No big deal in any case. We are both nitpicking in a way :smiley:

Leipzig need a keeper too. I know they have Gulacsi but who better to replace an ex Liverpool guy. Make it happen Edwards

No chance of that happening.

This summer was the ideal time to cash in and move him on in terms of contract situation.

But obviously the wanted offer didn’t arrive. We’ll see what happens in January, because next summer he’s heading into his last year.

2 Likes

Can’t see him leaving til the new guy arrives. He’ll get plenty of games this season in the cups, and during Ali’s annual injury period

Can’t blame the lad a bit,bringing in Giorgi,was probably the last straw,he is definitely good enough to be #1 at a good club,we obviously don’t think it is here now,so he is right to look elsewhere.
Really wish him the best of luck,wherever he winds up!

1 Like