Caoimhin KELLEHER: 2024/25

Can see why we rejected that offer mind.

Can’t have a low ball offer. We’ll get better for him in January

Depends, we might not. As we get closer to the summer of 2025, we might have to lower our expectations. I thought the summer of 2024 was the peak and right time to do it, but unfortunately nothing the club hoped for arrived. We have other options we might include in the sale, such as a buy-back clause or something like that.

2 Likes

I’m not trying to claim anything big here, but I wonder if it’s a coincidence that Kelleher seems to like denying Chelsea, and our next opponents are…

So having had the international break to come to terms with Alison being out for at least the next 6 weeks, I have no concern about Kelleher deputising as we know his quality and is good enough. But listening to a number of the Red Men podcasts on spotify you would think he is some untested kid that no-one knows anything about the way some of their presenters have been carrying on.

My question, is where would you rank Kalleher in terms of P/L keepers this season?

My opinion is he would be No. 1 for majority of teams bar us, Cheaty (Eddison), Newcastle (Dubravka), Wolves (Sa). But would possibly be on par with Arsenal (Raya), Southampton (Ramsdale, who I do actually rate as a better keeper than most others do) and Aston Villa (Martinez).

So, for 13 clubs he would walk in and be No. 1 fairly quickly, another 3 where he would be pushing for No. 1 but it may not come straight away and 4 where he would be No. 2.

Obviously this doesn’t factor in keepers outside of the P/L, but as a starting point, compared to the rest of the league, I think he is top 5 or 6.

Sa isn’t even no1 for Wolves any more, he’s been booted for Johnstone, which says a lot - came with a lot of hype attached but hasn’t lived up to it. I think Kelleher would be no1 there as well.

Also, I know you posted before Slot’s presser, but he apparently just said Allison is out for the next “couple of weeks”, so hopefully not as long as you thought.

2 Likes

I didn’t even notice that transfer from Wolves.

Just had a quick google, and by the looks of it, he was brought in as Wolves were expecting Sa to move to Saudi but the deal fell through last minute according to molineux.news (no idea how reliable they are) and fans suspect the club trying to force Sa out. Some Wolves fans are not happy about the current Jose Sa situation as new claim is made

1 Like

Thing is would I prefer Alisson? Of course

Do I think Kelleher hurts us? No

2 Likes

That much we all know, but my question was more, where would you rank Kelleher amongst the current lot of keepers in the P/L?

1 Like

If truth be told I wouldn’t say that many.

He isn’t a thrills keeper so doesn’t get the plaundits a Raya gets but he isn’t to me that much if at all poorer.

1 Like

Feels as though he’s going to be like poor Gomez, just stuck here for eternity, getting a good few games here and there but not starting many.

There are worse things in football. Phil Neville won a hatful of medals for doing exactly that.

I think being Phil Neville is infinitely worse anyway.

3 Likes

Funnily enough, hr just said exactly that:

But it’s not the worst thing in the world to stay at a club like Liverpool

2 Likes

Let’s face it, given last season and the way this season is panning out, he’s not our number 2.

He’s more like our number 1.75 or 1.5…

1 Like