Championship and Football League

Watford at it again.

Watford have sacked a manager?

Really?

Well it is mid week, so the board obviously need something to do for the next few days until the weekend

Who here has access to tickets to London championship match, how difficult are they to obtain?

Of the London area clubs in the CH right now, the only one that has some restrictions on purchases is Millwall as far as I know. I don’t think any of them are routinely filling their stadium.

I second cynicaloldgit’s recommendation for QPR. Loftus Road is a traditional stadium with just about everyone quite close to the pitch.

2 Likes

I’ve been to them all at some point, I never thought it particularly hard but depends when in the season.

1 Like

have a friend who is traveling for his 50th, has coached his son’s team for a number of years and I thought I’d try to point him in the direction of a fixture he’d be interested in. He likes Spurs but I don’t think he follows the PL all that much. He’ll be in London next week with his father and his son.

I’ll mention that QPR fixture on the 18th to him. I found it extremely difficult to actually get a ticket to the match I went to at Brentford, I couldn’t purchase it online. Had to actually show up blind to the stadium with my passport (and my 5yo son) and talk my way into tickets. Brentford FC was awesomely receptive of a couple Canadians showing up at the gate without tickets, I’ll always be a fan after the welcome they showed us.

2 Likes

You can buy QPR tickets online fairly readily now. I haven’t been since the era that it was still difficult to do so (still manageable), but a friend I made the suggestion to did so in October.

1 Like

it’s probably their best opportunity for tickets, I’ve reached out to their supporter services contact email with a few questions, and we’ll see what their response is. hopefully a week out gives us enough time.

1 Like

Burnley have been placed under a transfer embargo by the EFL.

The club is confident the matter will be resolved swiftly and insist it has been brought about by nothing more than a late submission of their financial accounts.

Another team you feel has to get out of that league at the first attempt.

And who the opponant is can also play a large role.

Of the Championship games I have been to, the only one I had problems with getting tickets was Millwall-Leeds but that was over 10 years ago.

Edit. I just looked at the Championship table - QPR sitting 10 points above relegation and Millwall are just inside the play off spots would suggest QPR the easier one to look at. They are the only 2 London teams in the Championship. An alternative could be one of Luton, Watford or Reading all of which are close enough to make from London

1 Like

No argument there. I once jokingly suggested the best way to improve Luton Airport was to drop a nuke on it. Didn’t go down too well at the time

Reading Town Centre is rather charming I’m sorry I’ll disagree on that.

Luton and Watford yeah no discernible quality there.

1 Like

Not really sure I understand the Newport managers take, maybe they should sort out their shit pitch. I assume if their goalie had made the same mistake it would have been allowed.

2 Likes

Damn, Mark Hughes. His career arc has not turned upward in a while, but I guess the phone was not ringing that often after Southampton.

1 Like

Reading docked 6 points. Second time in a few years. They stay out of the relegation zone in the Championship by one point as a result

1 Like

QPR have 12 points from the last 23 games.

1 Like

Feels a bit like us :joy:

Burnley up with a win tonight.

1 Like