Championship and Football League

Of course, 2nd doesn’t matter much, just a softer playoff match-up. Just one automatic promotion is brutal.

2 Likes

90 and not winning a title is bad, over a 100 at that level must hurt.

2 Likes

One bad goal, and you start over again in August, right where you were.

2 Likes

Yup and there are teams who have these stories mind you Yeovil beat Brentford to go into the Championship about 10 years back.

They’ve just been relegated to the Conference South.

Guess it hurt on the day for Brentford.

3 Likes

Or a deflected one, like De Bruyne’s one against us last season.

Edit: sorry, I meant two.

2 Likes

I did watch the second half, actually surprised by the quality of the football.

That Paul Mullins of Wrexham scored two genuinely quality goals.

1 Like

I read that Paul Mullins is a scouser!

I also read, that Ryan Reynolds has promised to get him an acting part in a Hollywood film, as a reward for his goal scoring exploits - nice work if you can get it eh… Although it is nice to see, good honest workmanlike footballers, still getting enjoyment from the game we love

With LFC through u-16 I believe.

Theres no romantic story with Wrexham - they are the Man City of non league. They have bought a load of players from football league trebling their wage.

I feel for Notts County who over 100 points of a shoe string budget and lose out.

2 Likes

You must be off your head, most their players came on free transfers when they’re not cut for league football that’s usually how non league is built, we couldn’t quite believe it when we had DJ Campbell sign for us,wages “trebled”, yeah from like 1k a week to 3k a week…Ryan Reynolds has brought Hollywood into the English game and I love it, think the guy is at literally every home game now…spends a lot of time with the players & fans, doing interviews etc, he’s been a revelation.

How much do you think Wrexham are paying Ben Foster? It certainly won’t be peanuts.

I do feel for Notts County, as Reynolds does very clearly. He is quite aware that Notts have pushed them close all season, with an incredible points total, and have done so with a fraction of the resources.

2 Likes

it’s a good story, I quite enjoyed watching it.

Hardly much at all, he was basically retired at the time and they’ve signed for him for 2 months.

I don’t know how reliable this site is though.

1 Like

I don’t care about the “Man City of non-league” thing. Its good for the game and the players to have money inserted at that level.

There seems to be an assumption that Reynolds can pay their way into the PL and that just doesn’t seem even close to true. He’s just not got that much cash. Best idea, and what they are hopefully working on, is building a solid foundation that a profitable Championship club can emerge from. After that then build for the PL.

2 Likes

Ben Foster has his own social media goals he’s after…playing footy for a couple of Hollywood icons won’t hurt his cause. not everything is immediately about $$$

Bob Mortimer celebrating that Middlesbrough goal :rofl:

There’s a Luton player without a number on his shirt…surprised that is allowed

2 Likes

I thought it was Bob Mortimer :joy: