Championship and Football League

Leicester do seem to have thrown it a away a bit.

They will have to start winning soon.

Ipswich top for now.

Leeds coming up next.

Wow Tom Cleverly is actually in charge at Watford :see_no_evil:

https://x.com/skysportspl/status/1774884411705577578?s=46&t=qjQdwJi2khWQQz87wqB34A

Really do hope Ipswich get over the line and earn promotion. A tough set of fixtures for them, four out of the six being against play off contenders. Final day against Huddersfield could also be a promotion vs survival show down.

3 Likes

Plymouth manager has been sacked but he’s been shit so probably no surprise.

1 Like

At this rate Southampton are going to win it, Leeds losing at home to Blackburn now.

Ipswich got a draw, really hope they do it.

But yeah it’s all over the place. Soton went absolutely garbage for a month and it looked finished.

Everyone of the top teams losing games, like nobody wants to win the thing.

:joy:

1 Like

Another win for Plymouth by the way, does look like Steven Gerrard’s assistant in Saudi was just crap.

That’s the competitiveness of the championship for you, you see the top teams getting beat all the time unlike some other pissing leagues out there.

Fabby Carvs with another goal to his name, seems to bury most chances he gets which is good.

2 Likes

Who?

Foster, he was Gerrard’s assistant in Saudi, came to Plymouth pissed off everyone and was sacked.

1 Like

Funnily enough the man who has replaced Steven Gerrard’s former assistant is Neil Dewsnip, who was Gerrard’s PE teacher in High School.

1 Like

Southampton within striking distance of Leeds now. Reeling the top 3 in.

An away game against Leicester next week and against Leeds on the final day, could come from absolutely nowhere to win promotion if they win both of those.

1 Like

Fleetwood down. I feel a bit sorry for the fans. I mean, they all knew that Pilley was a scumbag when he bought the club, but the hope and happiness they brought to the, very deprived, area was palpable. With him in jail now for the foreseeable future, (he got 13 years last July), and the club relegated to League 2 I hope someone decent comes in and buys it for them.

“Fit and proper owner”

I do think this is a bit stupid, surely someone should have mentioned it before.

I think Gateshead should be given the opportunity to play these games and if they are denied after appeal or in the summer so be it.

Considering it’s owned by the council makes it even sillier.

Leicester making a great stride back to the PL.

1 Like

Their one Premier League title is worth more than all of Manchester City’s combined.

5 Likes

Leeds getting thumped by QPR in a match they really needed to win. A win would have kept up the pressure on QPR, a loss now puts them at real risk of getting overtaken by Ipswich and sent to the cagefight that is the Championship playoffs.

Been a long time since Ipswich was in the top flight - I had forgotten or simply missed their PL season in 2000, but that is still a long while ago. I still think of them as belonging in the First Division.

2 Likes

@Wilkored08
Hiya, you know Stepto is back nextseason.