Championship and Football League

He doesn’t play much now does he?

1 Like

I heard he has played quite a few minutes, but not full on 90 minutes.

Gawd…so we have to watch his old steptoey face again…

1 Like

Well being 37 you’d question if he actually does come back with them.

Comes on as sub mainly now.

Leicester has ensured promotion to the Premier League :fox_face: :clap:

It feels like no one wants to win this thing. For all the talk about bottling the league title, the Championship is where it’s at for that…

To be fair Hull are a good side so it’s not a surprise result.

Anyhow should be an interesting final day both at the bottom and top even if Leicester confirm the title against Preston tomorrow.

Birmingham sacking Eustace to hire Rooney not looking like the best of decisions, is it?

2 Likes

Fingers crossed Leeds bottle the play offs as well.

1 Like

Ipswich back in the Premier League. Huddersfield down.

1 Like

After 22 years, right?

Do we like them?

1 Like

Birmingham going down with that squad is crazy.

There seems to be a certain trajectory from being relegated from the PL that sees your side critically weakened and sometimes puts a club all the way down to League One, but I am surprised to see it happen to Huddersfield. It usually happens with clubs that were financially overextended, and then face a reckoning. I didn’t get the sense that Huddersfield was one of those.

2 Likes

15 games and 2 wins with Rooney as manager.

8 games 4 wins with Mowbray.

Can’t find how many wins with Eustace.

Wonder how that winning mentality was going?

They’ve cheaped out on everything since going to the Championship, seemingly as a choice, and they brought in a DoF (Cartwright, I think?) Who has made a string of bad signings.

I actually made a tiktok video on their signing of Matos, a player I don’t think belongs at Championship level

1 Like

Grew up with them as one of our rivals for a while under Robson. They played good football and were hard to dislike.
That was forty something years ago though.

2 Likes

Apparently, the fans invaded the pitch to celebrate staying up.

John Walk came to us from Ipswich I think.

The last time Ipswich were in the top league they played some good football and qualified for the Uefa cup due to league position in their first season back - almost finished in the top 3. Unfortunately, their second season was a disaster and they got relegated.

Delighted Plymouth stayed up really.

Ipswich never seemed massively hostile when they were last up.

1 Like

We like them when they let us twat them 6-0 at their own gaff.

1 Like