Championship and Football League

My old university city, generally filled with sound people who support their club through thick and thin. A lovely day out and ground to visit if anybody here ever gets the chance.

1 Like

Yeah my parents are down in Cornwall so I’ve been a few times.

Right, so first thought was ‘hang on, is Ipswich not where I thought it was?!?’, but no, right where I thought it was.

What is the connection between Cornwall and attending Ipswich matches?!?

Think he means attending Plymouth matches :wink:

1 Like

Yup Herb replied to me on Plymouth and I replied to Herb.

Keep up :wink:

Right, so now we know that Herb did not in fact attend university in Ipswich…

Margaret Qualley Truth GIF by NEON

Pretty sure the last time we played Ipswich was just days before they went down last time. We trashed them 5-0 or something like that.

We played them in the League Cup at Anfield the following season and beat them on penalties, following a dire 1-1 draw.

1 Like

That was what led to the Ipswich-Plymouth confusion I made, the last two PL matches against them we won by a combined score of 11-0.

I had Ipswich in FIFA 98 :sunglasses:

Absolutely miraculous that Sheff Wednesday are going to stay up in Championship. After all of the early on issues and horrific start, I never gave any chances to recovering.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1787831032676266173

Disputes with the Board over the future? Bizarre decisions abound in the Championship this year, with Birmingham top of that list. At some point, people are just going to realize that Rooney is not a good manager.

3 Likes

FIFY

Somewhat expect Norwich to do this

Think Leeds and Southampton will be the play off final.
Saints will get promotion and drop straight back down with Ipswich
Depressing thoughts about how top tier football is developing, or not developing.

1 Like

It’s not quite a closed shop yet, but it seems to be getting there. Ipswich is vaguely encouraging because it is at least a temporary new entrant to the set of elevator clubs. But overall, the PL is nowhere near as dynamic or competitive as it was 15 years ago.

2 Likes

Given the gap in the table, I am surprised at how much stronger Norwich appears versus Leeds. They need to take advantage, this surely cannot hold up indefinitely.

1 Like

Leeds have been a bit off for a few weeks