Chelsea v Liverpool | PL Matchday 30 | Tuesday April 4th 20:00

I was chatting to my Leicester friend yesterday and I pointed to the 7-0, we were discussing how Spurs seemingly 4th seemed to lose every weekend.

Our away form is utterly killing us yes there has been some lucky dire home games but on the whole it’s been good.

It’s why our game away to Arsenal wasn’t bad so I don’t think we will be bad but to keep a clean sheet away is the only way we don’t concede 2-3 goals.

Sadly Bournemouth sucked the life out of what seemed a mini comeback at this moment it feels a mixture of some over played but a fair bit psychological

1 Like

They are shit but are they as shit as us? I guess we’re going to find out :grinning::+1:

The fans have cut them plenty of slack because they do understand and they do appreciate what this team has offered. There haven’t been any displays of discontent either at home or away even though there have been plenty of occassions that the spectacle might have merited it. The fans who are spending their hard earned cash to be served dross almost on a weekly basis remain behind the team 100%.

I wish the team would believe in themselves as much as the fans still do.

3 Likes

Chelsea team news by WhoScored:

• Bruno Saltor takes charge for Chelsea in midweek following Graham Potter’s sacking on Sunday night, and the interim boss will hope to have Wesley Fofana and Raheem Sterling available for selection after the pair missed the 2-0 loss to Aston Villa.
  • However, Thiago Silva, Cesar Azpilicueta, Edouard Mendy and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang are ruled out.
  • Saltor should make a couple of changes to the XI here, with Benoit Badiashile, Christian Pulisic and Fofana, if fit, all potentially starting against Liverpool on Tuesday.
  • N’Golo Kante made his first appearance since August on Saturday evening, and his return is a huge boost for the Blues. The Frenchman may start too.
1 Like

Posting it here too.

1 Like

Again, will be interesting to see what we go for in midfield and do we keep or change the structure from the last game.

I could understand our more pragmatic approach against City. But I could see us having more of a go here, so possibly going back to 4-3-3 and with more of a pressing plan.

I leave the possibility that we used the few days of training pre-City and the little we have in between for both these games (if not the whole week, together with Arsenal)?). Maybe with only certain variations, like a bit more defensive at City and more offensive against Chelsea.

If we had Thiago fit and well or another LCM (even Curtis Jones, where the hell are you?!), we’d probably drop Elliott and go back to 4-3-3. I expect us to do that maybe against Arsenal or after Arsenal.

‘Sadly Bournemouth sucked the life out of …’

… everything. That was the moment when I gave up on us achieving top four. We were always likely to lose at City , but to go to Bournemouth and perform like that after the Utd game was just unbelievable , and unbearable.

UEFA did away with the away goals rule partly because they regarded the location as having no sway over the game (presumably because VAR would override any particularly critical refereeing decision).

However, the away form isn’t just a statistical anomaly. You still get home-blowers and you could see this really getting to our players on Saturday with Mo’s loss of temper and the fiasco after the Rodri non-second yellow. This is far from the “Menatlity Monsters” shrugging off poor fortune and getting on with the game.

I’m just thinking that this is mental exhaustion. These are not bad players as almost the same team beat United 7:0 at home. However, I don’t think they are all there upstairs. Without a familiar setting and a friendly home crowd they are really struggling.

I’m just hoping that Chelsea are in a worse mess at the moment.

1 Like

Yeah it’s almost like they feed off the home crowd even Madrid to go 1 up

1 Like

…Chelsea

1 Like
  1. Someone move this to match day category or we lose this game.
  2. Can Chelsea afford to play their usual boring game or do they need to risk a more open game?
1 Like

Some rumours Melo and 0x will start.:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:
Maybe we are going 442 then.

Yeah I started that rumour by mentioning it to a mate. It then went viral :grimacing:

I wasn’t serious of course but he put it on twitter…:roll_eyes:

I’m sure that Jürgen and his team will know the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this game. COYR YNWA :+1: :nerd_face:

Yeah I’m on the bench as well :joy:

2 of these are cheats.

2 Likes

Referee is a wanker
VAR is a wanker
4th official is a wanker
Assistants no idea who any of them are, probably wankers, who gives a fuck.

Actually scrap that, until we win another game everyone is a wanker.

Fuck it.

Alisson
Gomez Konate Van Dijk Tsimikas
Trent Jones Milner Robbo
Salah Nunez

(We won’t see this, not least because we can’t train it in between games, but I’d like to see something ballsy like this as some point)

Ballsy? More like that team would be a balls up.

Would like to see Curtis in the team though. If he can stay fit I think he’d do well in Fabinho’s position.

Can’t agree with Trent in the middle.