Chelsea v Liverpool | PL Matchday 30 | Tuesday April 4th 20:00

It’s not like he’s helping us defensively so he might as well make up for it by assisting one of our forwards.

:sob: Remember the glory days of Gini, Fab and Hendo

Never before has playing six defenders been called ‘ballsy’. But agree with you, worth a shake up.

Park? :rofl:

There’s definitely a part of me that is thinking ‘oh god, do we have to’ about this game. The under performers derby is an inglorious game to contest.

Is it time to see Arthur? Feels like there is little point in that this late in the season. Think I’d rather give young Jones some mins if fit.

---------------Becker---------------
TAA—Konate—VVD----Robbo
----Elliot—Hendo—Jones-----
—Salah—Jota-----Nunes-----

or not, I don’t know.

I think people need to stop this dream of Trent playing in midfield. If Klopp was going to push him forward and turn him into a midfielder we would have seen it happen by now.

It is 7 years since he made his debut as a RB, and Klopp has not shown any indication that he sees Trent as a midfield option or it would have already happened.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m not sure if it will happen under Klopp.

It will be interesting to see what happens after, as there’s a pretty high chance Trent is here when the next manager takes over. Maybe wouldn’t necessarily be a change from defence to midfield, but another manager might want to do some things differently.

But that’s a topic for another day.

TAA does not look like he has the stamina to play our high energy game at a good level for 90mins

1 Like

Can we utterly smash these out of the park please?

Can we fuck, of all the luck we need it’s walking into a team that’s just sacked its manager. Almost universally gives them the upper hand and leads to a win. Pretty sure 87.5% of teams win their next match after sacking a manager. Granted Groucho Marx needs to be in the crowd.

1 Like

I think we’ll lose this, and although I’d stop short of actually wanting us to lose it, I can honestly say it would be a bit of a relief.
I seriously don’t want us finishing 5th or 6th, or even 7th if that means the Europa Conference

That where he normally is anyway.

Plays to his strength.

Even if we had somehow won against $hitty, a rotation in this and the Arse game was always going to be on the cards.

Salah got a rare 30 minute rest, so will be ready (a 30 minute rest for him is like resting three games for other footballers). Tsimi will either start this one or the Arses game. And at right back, Milner will come in for a game (unless Joe Gomez ia ready, as Milner could be needed in midfield).

Reckon it will be Darwin, Bobby and Mo up front.

In the days of Mane, Bobby and Mo, Jota at times slotted in midfield (thinking of the $hitty game). But it would require a two man defensive setup in front of our defence.

seen on twatter - lots of talk saying that VVD, Trent and Jota have been dropped.

Probably because Klopp alluded to it in his presser by saying no one’s spot was safe bar 2 players. (Definitely Ali & most likely Mo) so people speculate left right and center.

Ali
Nat Matip Ibou Kostas
Milner Melo (for a laugh more than anything & to see what he actually looks like - in person)
Salah Jota Gakpo
Nuuuuuuneeeeez

So you know from the off it’s a load of bollocks

1 Like

Just to provide context to this, its Ramadan so its actually necessary to rest him during the next 3 weeks. So I personally am not looking at it as him getting more rest, but merely ensuring he doesn’t collapse on the football field! He’ll probably get 30 mins rest tonight as well then again when Arse visit.

Muslim players that are fasting to be allowed to take on fluids and eat during games. Might or might not make a huge difference but I would imagine for those only playing once a week, they would be ok to see out the 90 minutes. For someone like Mo that will play multiple games then I would be inclined to see him maybe start on the bench and only come on for 20 minutes tonight, then 69 minutes against Arse

He’s always played during Ramadan. Why would it be any different this year?