China - the irresistible rise

wow, shit is going downhill fast over there. We’re likely to see the blow-back from this on our side of the water soon.

Between Russia, China and money pumped into economy for Covid its a perfect storm for inflation

1 Like

Looks like the measures are badly backfiring.
What do they think they are doing without delivery of provisions, completely nuts!

1 Like
1 Like

I wonder why they would think that :thinking:

No doubt those evil devils in the west, USA and Australia telling lies :wink:

First of all you somehow manage to enter Eurovision. Now you’re trying to relocate into a different hemisphere.

1 Like

We’re already everywhere.

We are inevitable :rofl:

It will be a horrible, bloody war, if China seeks to take Taiwan.

There is no good American play. If it gets involved militarily, it will likely lose. I know America has a couple of fleets over there, but it’s on China’s doorstep, and they will arm and re arm, until America is defeated, with both sides suffering lots of casualties but eventually China winning.

This assumes a conventional war. I can’t imagine America would want to countenance nuclear war over Taiwan.

America can just use their bases in korea , taiwan , japan to effectively block China in. I suspect this is what they will do if Taiwan asks for help.

China is different from Russia in the sense that it relies a lot on trade to establish their strength. Cut off control of the south china sea and the pacific , china gets boxed in.

A lot of this depends on how decisively the russians are contained. As of now , if China starts a conflict over Taiwan , they wont win that. The russian army is engaged in ukraine and wont be able to pressurize.

Also China can kiss what remains of BRICS good bye if they do this.

1 Like

Well , i suppose the chinese involvment in the srilankan debt trap doesnt paint a good picture.

Well China is doing a suitcase full of money tour of small island nations.

Solomon Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Samoa, Tonga, Vanuatu, Papua New Guinea and East Timor.

The old saying needs updating. Beware Chinese bearing gifts !

2 Likes

The world has always been dependant on China, remember the ‘Made in China’ stamp marks over everything way back when?
It’s not so much a dependency on China, the west see them as a threat to the Western economy, things we’re growing so fast econimically for China a few years back, to the extent that they were projected to overtake the US to become the largest economy in the world. And of course the US can’t have that, hence everything from China is a national security and whilst their at it, stir up some trouble in places where China has an interest.
Hong Kong (where I’m from) and Taiwan have been SAR’s of China for years, why the sudden interest in them from the US? Hong Kong was fine, a thriving financial hub and quite democratic, stir the pot and of course China will assert their authority, where was the call out for democracy before? There wasn’t, everybody was happy, well most, but you’ll get those lefties everywhere.
Have any of the national security concerns been identified, confirmed and examples shared? That’s right, none.
Now, I don’t support China in anyway, they have some iffy rules and some of their folk (especially the new money ones) are very rude and uncivilised, but look at how the country managed their growth and their influence worldwide, you can’t be a threat to be able to do that, right? Influence and economics, that’s what the US,and the west, (including Australia) influenced by the US are concerned about.

This is not true. China has a rich history, of course, and has, at times been a preeminent nation in trade and innovation, but for most of the 20th century it was not vital to the world economy as it is now. In fact it was dormant. I never saw ‘Made in China’ stamps in my youth. In those days it was ‘Made in Japan’.

Of course, the US and its allies wish to preserve their economic influence, that is only natural, but that doesn’t mean that there aren’t legitimate concerns about the lack of democracy and freedom in China, or its growing political influence abroad. There would be less worry if it was a country with free speech and human rights, but it clearly isn’t.

1 Like