CL Pre Game incident news/clarifications

:man_facepalming: Effing moron.

It’s 50000, i.e 70000 all trying to squeeze into the space for 20000. It’s rediculous.
The only way to produce that number of fake tickets is at source.

It’s the latest angle.
The thing is they have to show the fan parks and big screen areas were void of LFC fans as they must all have been at the SdF with false tickets.
This is the main point the numbers don’t add up anywhere and there’s a big media vs interior minister over it.

1 Like
2 Likes

From yesterday…

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

Translated from French by Google

Bravo

@realmadrid

for this 14th title in #LigueDesChampions ! The attempts of intrusion and fraud by thousands of English fans have complicated the work of stewards and police forces but will not tarnish this victory. Violence has no place in the stadiums.

WTF.

Who the fuck is this person?

1 Like

She harking about the 4th May being short notice…
She wasn’t even in her job until the 20th May, so who the f*ck did what before her…!!

1 Like

I am sick of reading these lies from Darmanin and Oudea-Castera. What can we do now?
When can we take them to court?
Our TAN resident lawyer can give an insight maybe of what the procedure is.

1 Like

A very nasty piece of work, married to the PDG of Society Generale a big ‘ancient’ ‘supported’ bank in France.
I’m surprised with her political views she gets a job under Macron but she’s been charged with the Paraolymipics in Paris which is notoriously a money losing scam. I presume that they need big sponsors who use underhand means to extort money from ‘other’ public funds (i.e have it paid by the tax payer).
Another massive move to the right by Macron and surely Macron’s final nail in his coffin. New government in a few weeks time I reckon and the 1st coalition since the quinquennat. Anyway one can always hope!

3 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
3 Likes

I’m not sure I can offer anything here. To sue UEFA you’re likely going to be subject to the laws and jurisdiction of Switzerland, something I’m not an expert on. To sue the French police, authorities, stadium organisers/owners etc you’re likely going to be subject to the laws and jurisdiction of France, something I’m also not an expert on.

It’s possible that action could be taken under EU law, in which case you’d need to proceed through the CJEU, but I’m not sure of the cause of action nor the appropriate defendant(s).

Sorry, can’t really contribute on this off the top of my head.

There are, of course, many potential causes of action, many potential claimants, and many potential defendants…but it’s difficult to particularise them at this stage. Instinctively some suggested claims feel very difficult to me (eg the suggestion that Liverpool FC could sue for defamation) but others I’d expect to have strong grounds. But as I say, we’re talking about legal jurisdictions that I’m not an expert in.

1 Like

I read all the French papers today and they are pretty much taking the piss of Damarmin in the paper Libération they have a front page of Him with a Pinocchio nose! They also cover the pickpockets that were remanded the biggest culprit who had 14 mobiles he’d robbed from Liverpool supporters was a Peruvian who travelled from Barcelona to carry out his crimes the rest were north Africans with no papers illegal immigrants

4 Likes

Omg! There is a saying amongst the locals saying that ‘if you haven’t been pickpocketed, you have seen Paris’.

1 Like

Translated from French by Google

Violent police charge in a bar near the Liverpool fan zone in Nation, the situation escalates. People on the terrace are beaten with truncheons. #Liverpool #LIVRMA #LiverpoolVsRealMadrid

2 Likes

From the Ecologist group of elected representatives for Paris

:thread:
Google translations…
[Fil] The incidents during the final of the [#ChampionsLeague] are a sign of serious dysfunctions in the management and reception of sporting events in Paris. Are we ready to host the Rugby World Cup in 2023 and the [#JOP] 1/
The first dysfunction concerns the lack of preparation of @FFF, UEFA and @prefpolice which did not correctly organize orientation, access to the stadium and ticket control by stewards and security agents. 2/
The ineffective and brutal policing strategy implemented by the police headquarters shocked the world. The tactics put in place, the illegitimate use of violence and the massive use of tear gas have led to chaos. 3/
The strategy based on direct or indirect confrontation, and the use of tear gas must be abandoned to return to an effective law enforcement doctrine, based on the preparation of space, information and direct communication . 4/
We ask that an assessment of the law enforcement system be presented to the elected officials of Paris and Saint Denis. It is only by analyzing the failings of the devices in complete transparency that the doctrine of maintaining order can be reviewed in a serene manner. 5/
Beyond security issues, the question of the use of public space and its potential damage must be raised. Anticipation of major events is fundamental. 6/
We would like to thank the 50 agents of the City of @Paris who cleaned up the piles of waste and rubbish left by football fans in the fan zone of the Cour de Vincennes. The organizers of #ChampionsLeague must reimburse the costs of this operation. 7/
During this final #ChampionsLeague we escaped a tragedy. The fiasco of this evening and the concerns it raises are far from allowing everyone to benefit from sport and the values it is supposed to convey. 8/
We must draw all the conclusions from these incidents so that the international sporting events to be held in Paris in 2023 & 2024 do not cause such excesses and damage to preserve the safety & tranquility of all citizens. 9/

3 Likes