CL Pre Game incident news/clarifications

What an absolutely unbelievable fuck-up.

As expected, the French government keeps its position:

1 Like

The whole world knows the truth, who do they think they’re fooling?

1 Like

I saw this report on a Spanish news outlet (I don’t speak Spanish so I used Google translate - I’m assuming that it is fairly accurate):

They seem to be reporting that Liverpool and Madrid fans had to stick together after the match because of the attacks from local French gangs.

I have friends who live in Paris and I get the impression from them that it’s not very nice. Is it just certain neighbourhoods or is it more than that? It’s somewhere that we had considered visiting as a tourist destination but I’m really getting the impression that the whole place is a toilet.

Saint Denis , where the Stade de France is , is one of the most deprived , and dangerous , areas of Paris. The sister-in-law teaches at a school for under-privileged kids there and apparently it is fucking grim.

6 Likes

Paris is lovely, but there is no doubt that in some of the arrondissement that there is tangible gang culture.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s a sh¡thole. I’d steer well clear of it when visiting Paris.

Of course, that’s already the line the far-right are taking.

1 Like

Current mood =

https://youtu.be/4qo3EwozH0Y

The only French town I ‘visit’ is Calais and only to go to the Canal tunnel.

As the old saying goes, France is a beautiful country, too bad that so many French lives in it.

To be fair, Calais is actually a pretty nice place.

UEFA says football brings us together.

1 Like

Well if it’s true , why wouldn’t they ?

Well if it isn’t, why wouldn’t they?

You should avoid using double negatives. What is it you are actually trying to say ?

Edit : I think I get you now. Yes they are opportunistic fuckers , no doubt about that. But what we are hearing is most likely true nevertheless.

Based on what?

Based on someone I know who lives in Saint Denis and lots of stuff on French social media.

I think given all that we know about hearsay and social media, it’s hard to say that it’s “most likely true”. I would hesitate about drawing such a quick conclusion if I were anyone trying to make sense of the situation.

That said, Saint-Denis has a large immigrant population, and given the discrimination against immigrants and asylum seekers in France, I wouldn’t be surprised if there were gangs there who were of Maghrebi origin.

More fucking lies from French politicians

“What happened, first of all, was this mass gathering of the British supporters of the Liverpool club, without tickets, or with fake tickets,” Ms Oudéa-Castéra told French radio RTL.

But she said more people from the local area tried to force their way in through the doors of the Stade de France, where the match was held.

“A certain number of youths from the nearby area who were present tried to get in by mixing in with the crowd,” the minister said.

She also expressed regret that families and children were impacted by the use of tear gas.

The French minister said there were “no problems” regarding Real supporters and the Spanish side had controlled their travelling fans better than Liverpool.

angry will ferrell GIF

5 Likes

The are protecting their own, what else is new …

1 Like