'Clear and obvious wrong' Referee decisions - possible title decider

And…
Arsenal goal chalked off by VAR.
Same as Hendo vs Fulham…(how far back can you go?)
Arsenal drop points, that helps City…

1 Like

They are the “same” in the way these images are the same

1 Like

Shite response to be fair

Appropriate to the point being made then. The whole “consistency” argument is a nonsense without any attempt to qualify the similarity of the incidents being compared. Every incident is different. the different outcomes that come from them is as much due to those differences than any sense of inconsistency.

1 Like

Hendo was fouled
The inconsistency is in the application of the decisions.

EDIT: Pointless

Why do you see it as a mission to defend the honour of VAR?
The application can be incorrect, inconsistent and plain daft…
But you constantly defend it?
Why?

The fact you characterize my position like that is why debate with you is so pointless. Peace be with you.

1 Like

Fine.
Keep fighting the good fight for VAR.
Well done

2 Likes

Accepting is stage one. I’ll love it when they ever move to stages 2 and 3 of these having consequences and effectively improving it. No job allows this much incompetence to sustain without any implications.

6 Likes

The job is too big for Mike Riley and has been since day one…

1 Like

That’s the rub though , isn’t it ? There’s zero chance of retrospective action being taken (points wise) once the game is over.

1 Like

Exactly. Apologising for an incorrect decision won’t be much consolation for a team that is relegated by one point.

4 Likes

I don’t know what the answer is. Maybe an instant appeal that goes to a higher power pitchside … but how long would all that take. Or , radical suggestion , put some competent people in charge of it in the first place.

2 Likes

Having said that, Man Utd got a penalty after full time a couple of seasons back.

1 Like

They holding up their hands to a guilty verdict at the moment because it doesn’t and won’t mean shit…
Riley is out of his job soon so what consequences has he got to worry about anymore…
If they persisting with the numpty’s at their disposal to continue officiating the matches, then the game really is fucked beyond repair… I mean, there is no guarantee this shit standard of refereeing will not plague, and spoil an entire season
They need to head hunt good continental referees who are impartial, and pay them to come over for each and every game

Last year a FIFA grade 1 ref from Australia with world cup experience moved to england for personal reasons and contacted the appropriate people see if he could be added to the Premier league rota for the beginning of the 21-22 season. He was told he was not sufficiently qualified, despite his FIFA grade 1 ranking, because hed never reffed in england. He was made to do a season in the lower leagues before getting added to the prem list this season.

Parochial, self-interested twats the lot of them.

2 Likes

posted under the Jurgen thread also

3 Likes

Tell us something we don’t know

1 Like