Climate Catastrophe

It’s the biggest ripoff of the last fifty years. Risk is nationalised but profits are privatised.

Absolutely disgusting.

1 Like

LOL, you haven’t seen the ArriveCAN app scandal up here then. what a fucking scene that is.

Oh dear :man_facepalming:

A logical starting place perhaps

1 Like

A while back one of the popular resorts in Colorado developed a partnership with others resorts to launch a global resort pass. On its surface it appears to be cheaper and offer more access if you’d go more than once, but I read something recently that it was designed a risk mitigation against a bad snow season. It locks skiers in at the beginning of the season and so gives them a certain amount of guaranteed revenue.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ClownWorld_/status/1776364574159290447

Was that Vail resorts?
I’ve heard some uncomplimentary things about them.

Interestingly, there’s some resorts in the Alp’s getting more snow over the last couple of years than their average. Anything at low altitude is really struggling though. More precipitation is the obvious reason, combined with the altitude obviously, but there’s also some local weather things happening as well. Something with how far into the mountain range the resort sits I suspect.

1 Like

Yeah, the Epic pass. They bought up a lot of the popular resorts over the past decade or so, but recently extended the Epic pass to cover other non-vail resorts as well.

1 Like
2 Likes

I really shouldn’t laugh, but the irony of climate change affecting a place built on tourism is hilarious.

1 Like
1 Like

Built on tourism funded by fossil fuels.

2 Likes

Beat me to it.

Pretty much, although it is rightly decreasing

1 Like

Can you take some of our rain please? Unbelievably wet winter for us. Off the scale.

1 Like

We would be delighted

had frost on the car this morning. was 3’C for our second ball game last night at 9:10pm.

2 Likes