Climate Catastrophe

The recent Inflation Reduction Act, which was really more a clean energy bill, has enormous incentives for Hydrogen energy, but it’s not without drawbacks/challenges

Patiently waiting for the UK to catch up in 20 years.

The devastation of (eco) tourism :man_facepalming:

Can these temps be right? Jeez, the night time temperature here on Friday was lower than some of those night time temps mentioned and it’s the middle of summer here.

In my little part of the UK we’ve gone from early morning temps of -7 to -10 Deg Celsius to a horrible wet and windy +10 degrees celsius and more in literally no time at all. Temps were really high before the cold spell too.

To say that this is a normal winter is stretching it bit in my opinion. Certainly in my experience. We’re being battered by constant heavy storm conditions again.

Around new year, we had temperatures of more than 20°C in the shadow. It was nice weather and in the sun, we had around 25°C at the warmest moment of the day.

Never in my lifetime have I witnessed anything like that.

Where I am, the past week has been characteristic of late March thaw. I can see grass.

It’s been only a week since we started having winter-like (below 20C) temperatures.

Just saw a social media post reporting a week of rain at 2000m altitude in the Alps. All the snow gone at that level and below.

Wow, that will be the lower half (or more) of most of the Savoie resorts.

Crazy. That altitude is considered “snow sure”. I think that might need to be revisited.

The current weather UK and Europe is not normal but quickly becoming so unfortunately.

My heating still comes on so it’s cold, just not as cold as it was a month ago.
Here it’s not that uncommon for it to be warmer round this time of year, it’ll get cold again late Jan through to early March.
These big weather flucuations are all part of climate change anyone who doesn’t understand that don’t bother posting here please!

Yup I can confirm that. Only since today, the snow/rain level has gone down to 1400 meter again. But the whole last week was surreal.

1 Like

We’ve had a +50C temperature swing here, from ridiculous cold and wall to wall frostbite warnings, to about 15C, though wet with it.

Snow has been predicted for some areas in the Drakensberg. It’s the middle of summer.

That said, it did happen in 2004. Cold snap and the peaks were white on Christmas Day, could see some of them from my house.

:heart_eyes:

I’m in love with this mountain ever since I read about it in a book in my childhood.

Utterly fed up (again) with the weather. Since October it rained until that cold spell in early December. Once that passed we’re back to rain again.

Seriously it’s every day pretty much. I get wind and wave forecast alerts for my local beach for kite surfing / surfing. Every day I get one but it’s useless. Conditions are just nuts with winds way over 30mph gusting to whatever.

Even if conditions were ok I couldn’t get there, the road to the beach has been closed due to flooding

I live in Northern France now. Moved here in late December. Its been the same here. It has rained. Every. Single. Day since we’ve been here. Yesterday (even though it rained in the morning) was the first day I have seen the sun and sky as the clouds finally parted late in the afternoon, and it also dropped below 10C at the same time. I actually needed a jacket. Every other day has been super mild, and extremely wet. Quite gusty as well like you are experiencing.

Lovely weather in Scotland