Console gaming thread

I came across a game through PS Plus subscription called Detroit that I hadn’t heard of before. Anyone played this?

It’s…interesting.

Is that Detroit: Human ? Or something different?

that’s right, sorry. it’s Detroit: Human.

Played a few hours of it yesterday, very different. wife was watching for a bit, and was somewhat disturbed by it.

Never played it (probably because of the story making me uncomfortable) but watched it being played.

Good voice acting - i think Clancy Brown is one of the main actors. Looked like they had made a big effort with the story, and deserve credit for that.

My favorite game for PS4 currently is assassins creed odyssey and ghost of Tsushima. Both have immersive stories that are a lot of fun to play through

1 Like

Stolar, who was involved in the launch of both the PlayStation and Dreamcast in the US, was 75

Today is the day where I quit Fifa UT for good. For the last few years I’ve played it have been the worst gaming experience imaginable.

The amount of time invested in this to be treated like shit, terrible pack luck, non-existent content to grind, rigged to the brim in game play, awful connection, awful servers…getting DC’d multiple times in middle of wins & least of all community filled with poison.

So it’s with a heavy heart I say goodbye to this piece of trash game & would urge anyone thinking about playing/coming back to it…NOT TO but judging by the posts in here not many game period let alone game on Fifa so to those of you I salute you.

I stopped playing UT years ago, it’s so very much tailored to cash players and the gameplay is fucking awful.

I wish they’d fix the AI in single-player mode, particularly the defending is fucking dreadful.

1 Like

I’m hoping that the discontinuation of the ‘FIFA’ name will be a catalyst for them to finally do a proper revamp of the game and fix all the things that have been wrong with it for years. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy it and have wasted far too many hours on career mode over the decades, but it’s essentially the same game as it was two decades ago. I know FUT is where they concentrate their efforts as it’s an easy cash grab for them, so I’m probably going to be disappointed, but I’d love it if they put in some effort to make the game more realistic off the pitch. Perhaps not as in depth as FM, but at a happy medium somewhere between that and where they are now.

Not played fifa since '98 I think - it was the year they had the indoor pitch, so you could play the ball off of the walls rather than have it go out.

Watch the occasion youtube vid and seeing some of the shit that gets posted and said I have no interest in playing it - much prefer FM

It’s just a piece of garbage, contributes to mental health 100%. Negatively.

Now I have to get back into working the controls of shooter games.

who are my PS5 guys in here? Anyone tried using a KB / Mouse with a Playstation? am curious… apparently there’s compatibility but not sure for gaming if it’d work?

I was a Pro Evo player growing up and could never get into FIFA after that. Always feels so stilted and just not at all fluid. I have FIFA 22 on my Nintendo Switch so I try and play it every so often but I get bored before half time due to the poor gameplay.

Master League is also still a better game mode than anything EA have come up with.

1 Like

I have never played Pro Evolution. Have been playing FIFA for so long I just got used to it. However, after so many years it just becomes boring

Hands down the most rigged piece of garbage I’ve ever played.

& for a game that’s supposed to entice users to play all year round, EA doesn’t really do a lot to support that.

Got Carlisle into the Premier League in FIFA. The board wanted me to ‘sign a veteran’. As it goes against my usual philosophy, I waited until after the January window to see if there was anyone available on a free or a pre-contract.

Turns out Messi was available so obviously snapped him up. Kept him out the squad for the Arsenal match so the camera men could keep picking him out and speculate as to what he was making of it all as my second team gave Arsenal a suprise thumping.

Gave him his debut in the FA Cup away at Sheffield Wednesday where he obligingly scored a hat-trick.

They won’t. EA don’t give a fuck about the state of their games. It’s all about maximising profits through the various micro transactions in their games nowadays.

My current FIFA career has morphed into a sort of hybrid rpg, as one of my youth players has the same name as my Great grandfather and is from Northern Ireland like my great grandfather, so he’s going straight in the reserves as captain, and if I get offered the Northern Ireland manager job again then he’ll be straight into that squad too.

Hogwarts legacy profanity filter is an absolute joke. It’s a single player game, nobody can see your name except you, but it flags up even the mildest offensive term even if it’s part of a regualr name.

So you can’t have DUMBledore
You can’t have MicHELLe
etc.

I used a family name (same great grandfather from previous post actually) as it was era appropriate but had to change the spelling to pass.

Got Tears of the Kingdom for my switch. Enjoying it a lot so far. Have done very little of the story; just a lot of walking and dying :sweat_smile:

1 Like