The R.I.P. thread

Amazing performance in Hard Eight, that’s how I found about him years back. Rest in peace.

1 Like

Yeah, thats the first film that comes to my mind when i see him.

Heartbreaking. Edward Lake, father of three children killed by drunk driver Marco Muzzo in 2015, committed suicide a day after Father’s Day.

3 Likes
5 Likes

A follow up to the news… :cry:

“While there was no indication that the call was directly related to mental health, the Officers who attended were appropriately made aware of Mr. Lake’s history and previous interactions,” she added, noting that due to the nature of the call, the Crisis Outreach and Support Team or the Mobile Crisis Rapid Response Team did not respond to it.

1 Like
5 Likes

RIP Dame Deborah James

4 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes
7 Likes

Celtic Manager/Legend Tommy Burns on Andy Goram…

Shattered Tommy Burns last night groaned: “Put it on my tombstone - Andy Goram broke my heart.”

The gaffer was gob-smacked as super stopper Goram denied his title chasing Celts with a string of wonder saves.

He locked out superb efforts from Andreas Thom and Phil O’Donnell as the live TV derby at Parkhead ended goal-less.

Burns sighed: "When I pass away you can put it on my tombstone `Goram broke my heart’.

"I’ve nothing but admiration for someone like that - but I have a contract out on him, right enough.

“HE’S PROBABLY THE BEST GOALKEEPER I’VE EVER SEEN.”

Goram was also nicknamed after the position he played in, for me that is the highest accolade as he made it his own

RIP to man who was known simply, as the ‘goalie’.

6 Likes

Scottish goalkeepers were a bit of a running joke in the 70s and 80s but Andy Goram single-handedly put an end to that.

He was an outstanding goalie; may he rest in peace.

8 Likes

A great actor - and I have to admit to being afraid of characters he played, such was his method. Rest in peace.

6 Likes

What a magnificent actor Caan was. I was such a scary character in some of his films. I mostly remember as Sonny Corleone and Paul Sheldon in Misery. Also, liked his character in ’ Garden of Stone.

RIP James Caan.

3 Likes

Wasn’t my favourite Dragon, but sad to hear of his passing.

NHK have just announced Former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has died, after being shot while campaigning.

4 Likes

Yeah RIP Shizo. Such a shocking death for Japan. A stalwart of Japanese politics - even if his domestic achievements were fairly modest; judged against some of the pygmies he shared the global stage with, he was a giant of a statesman.

2 Likes

Weird story, but apparently James Caan was a family friend of an ex of mine and taught her to play the paino. Might have to watch Misery tonight in honour of him.

1 Like