The R.I.P. thread

Everytime someone well known passes a thread is started in order to allow us comment on that particular person.Those threads generally get a lot of views but rarely get a lot of replies.A single thread could possibly make more sense rather than continually setting up new ones.
As a mark of respect for almost 2 decades of memories,i think it’s only right that TIA forums is the first mention in this new RIP thread so,

RIP This Is Anfield forums,

9 Likes

Should we do an obituary?

How many forums have won 2 champions league and the PL?

Not to mention some agonising nearly won english and european titles and seen off some absolute jokers including the chuckle brothers and the owl.

1 Like

RIP for Jacob Billington a liverpool lad stabbed by that lunatic in Birmingham condolences to his parents and Family and we also hope that his friend also from liverpool recovers from his injuries as he is currently fighting for his life as a result of the same attack.

11 Likes

Ronald Bell, one of the founding members of Kool & The Gang, R.I.P.

4 Likes

RIP Diana Rigg :cry:

8 Likes

What a great actress and truly different type of film/tv heroine. Diana Rigg, will be hugely missed, one of the last great British acting family of the swinging 1960s.

I will always remember her in the New Avengers.

5 Likes

She was fantastic in Game of Thrones. One of the castings the show absolutely nailed. RIP.

4 Likes

Fabulous actress. RIP.

I’m much older than you Maria; I can remember her as Mrs Emma “man appeal” Peel in the original Avengers. :thinking:

4 Likes

RIP Diana Rigg. She very much knew how to rock a catsuit.

6 Likes

R.I.P Alan Minter

4 Likes

RIP Toots, your music was amazing.

Who is our resident connoisseur in Jamaican and Reggae music? @Lowton_Red

4 Likes

Sir Terence Conran, R.I.P.

I remember when shopping at Habitat and eating at his restaurants was all the rage; I must have spent thousands over the years at his places. :joy:

3 Likes

RIP Justice RBG. And thank you.

8 Likes

RIP to Ruth Bader Gingsberg, a true pioneer in equality and law and a compassionate personality.

8 Likes
4 Likes

gale sayers was well before my time but i used to watch those NFL films highlights shows after school on rainy days

passed yesterday at 77

only played in 68 nfl games because of injuries but made the hall of fame anyway because he was one of the most dynamic, transcendent talents in the history of the sport. just breathtaking in the open field, a threat to go the distance on every touch

2 Likes

RIP, Helen Reddy.

4 Likes

Can I pre-empt Donald Trump’s demise please?
Kind of ‘prehumously’?

2 Likes

bob gibson. mean bastard on the mound but as the following clip shows a very intelligent and thoughtful man

was also a 20 ppg scorer for creighton basketball in the 50s

22-9 with a 1.12 ERA in 1968, 13 shutouts in 34 starts–eight shutouts in one ten-start stretch, all ten starts were complete games

3 Likes

One of the best and most influential guitar players in history… I’m in that minority of people who never liked Van Halen as a band but loved Eddie and his guitar sound, he was ace. Such a loss, great people die every year but fuck this year in particular.

10 Likes