The R.I.P. thread

Not sure there is anyone in history who could coax so many sounds from an electric guitar. God bless you, Eddie. Shred in Peace.

3 Likes

johnny nash died, had one giant record with ‘i can see clearly now’ and another hit a bit later with ‘stir it up’

reggae singer who was born and raised in houston, texas

5 Likes

joe morgan of ‘the big red machine’ in the 70s and later jon miller’s broadcast partner on ESPN sunday night baseball died at 77

he was already 28 and had a decade in the majors with houston when he came to the reds, was an all star in every one of his eight years in cincinnati, including back to back MVPs

was not a great announcer, it might be said. sort of ironic that he decried the new age stat guys–he was only a career .271 hitter but had a .392 OBP because he drew so many walks, which would have made him a darling of the stat guys

1 Like

It’s a great shout, but I disagree on one point. He was one of my favorite color commentators. So knowledgeable about the game. I really enjoyed watching games he commented upon. RIP Joe.

2 Likes

this is about my stance

he talked about his own career constantly and was sort of a reactionary in some respects, but morgan never bothered me all that much tbh

the announcers today fill all the space between pitches with chatter, and it just makes the game itself seem more boring IMO

bunting runners over or hitting behind them, hit & run, & stealing bases might indeed be an inefficient approach, but it made for a more entertaining game

it’s still amazing to me that morgan played 22 years in the majors, or that willie mays hit 660 home runs as a 5’10 175 lb athlete who could run

obviously the HOF players aren’t a representative sample, but since they cleaned up the steroids, you don’t see guys producing into their mid 30s much any more

1 Like
2 Likes

Shocked, just got to know. Loved her in Two and Half Men. RIP.

3 Likes

This is when football family come together and rivalries put aside. This is so upsetting and tragic, he was just at the beginning of his life. Too young.
Thoughts and prayers are with his family.

RIP Jeremy

10 Likes

James Randi has passed away.

8 Likes

Frank Bough has gone as well.

7 Likes
4 Likes
6 Likes

3 killed in Nice Terror attack.

RIP

3 Likes

Shame. I loved Cannon and Ball as a kid. The Boys in Blue film was amusing as well. He was also very good on Not Going Out as Lee’s dad. ROCK ON and RIP

3 Likes

ROB. Rock On Bobby Ball. :cry:

3 Likes
7 Likes
6 Likes

Nobby Stiles was a throwback even in his era to a post-war style and looks in a player. Great character by all accounts. He wasn’t much in my thoughts I’ll admit, so he won’t really be missed but he was one of England’s heroes of 66 at a time growing up when that still meant something to me.

2 Likes
15 Likes

Rest In Peace :pleading_face:

3 Likes