Console gaming thread

It’s just a piece of garbage, contributes to mental health 100%. Negatively.

Now I have to get back into working the controls of shooter games.

who are my PS5 guys in here? Anyone tried using a KB / Mouse with a Playstation? am curious… apparently there’s compatibility but not sure for gaming if it’d work?

I was a Pro Evo player growing up and could never get into FIFA after that. Always feels so stilted and just not at all fluid. I have FIFA 22 on my Nintendo Switch so I try and play it every so often but I get bored before half time due to the poor gameplay.

Master League is also still a better game mode than anything EA have come up with.

1 Like

I have never played Pro Evolution. Have been playing FIFA for so long I just got used to it. However, after so many years it just becomes boring

Hands down the most rigged piece of garbage I’ve ever played.

& for a game that’s supposed to entice users to play all year round, EA doesn’t really do a lot to support that.

Got Carlisle into the Premier League in FIFA. The board wanted me to ‘sign a veteran’. As it goes against my usual philosophy, I waited until after the January window to see if there was anyone available on a free or a pre-contract.

Turns out Messi was available so obviously snapped him up. Kept him out the squad for the Arsenal match so the camera men could keep picking him out and speculate as to what he was making of it all as my second team gave Arsenal a suprise thumping.

Gave him his debut in the FA Cup away at Sheffield Wednesday where he obligingly scored a hat-trick.

They won’t. EA don’t give a fuck about the state of their games. It’s all about maximising profits through the various micro transactions in their games nowadays.

My current FIFA career has morphed into a sort of hybrid rpg, as one of my youth players has the same name as my Great grandfather and is from Northern Ireland like my great grandfather, so he’s going straight in the reserves as captain, and if I get offered the Northern Ireland manager job again then he’ll be straight into that squad too.

Hogwarts legacy profanity filter is an absolute joke. It’s a single player game, nobody can see your name except you, but it flags up even the mildest offensive term even if it’s part of a regualr name.

So you can’t have DUMBledore
You can’t have MicHELLe
etc.

I used a family name (same great grandfather from previous post actually) as it was era appropriate but had to change the spelling to pass.

Got Tears of the Kingdom for my switch. Enjoying it a lot so far. Have done very little of the story; just a lot of walking and dying :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Also struggling to do the puzzles has reinforced how little intelligence I have now. Teenaged me would be smashing this game

Any Radiohead fans in here, download the Kid A mnesia interactive on PS Store. Just starting it now

Microsoft has created a pizza-scented Xbox controller.

I’m fairly sure most Xbox controllers give off a bit of a sweaty pong after hours of gaming, but Microsoft has now created one that’s supposed to smell like pizza from the get-go. The “world’s first ever pizza-scented controller” is part of a marketing effort for the upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem movie.

Microsoft has designed custom TMNT Xbox controllers that have a scent diffuser strapped to the back in the shape of a slice of pizza. There are four variations in total, and thankfully, they’re just part of a sweepstakes giveaway, so we won’t be seeing or sniffing these controllers everywhere.

:nauseated_face: