Curtis JONES: 2020/21

You started and as your so clever what are the rough edges I am refer Wijnaldum has?
Tiresome you are indeed as I have pointed out on sooo many occassions you just don’t know when to leave it alone. On we go!

This Flobs guy needs to work on some of the rough edges in his posting game.

5 Likes

See the post from Zinedine Biscan.

2 Likes

Wijnaldum rough edge?

Penmanship.

Needs to sign a new deal with us.

1 Like

And come on fellas, play nice!

Curtis Jones is a smashing player. Already looks better than Lallana. A confident boy too. Local grown. All good.

The rough edges stuff is a meaningless debate. Jones can, and will improve further. He’s at the right place for that, and it will be fun watching it happen.

3 Likes

He must have rough edges on his football boots to get the ball to swerve so sweetly,great traction.

2 Likes

Fucking hell rough edges and prickly posters…

Jones is an utter fucking baller, 19… He’s going to be stratosphere huge… Trent levels… Who is Gerrard levels… Yes I’ve gone there… 2 local lads who hopefully will be the core of team for 10 + years.

6 Likes

Jones is fast becoming one of my favorite players to watch. Looking for to seeing him continue developing on this trajectory. Definitely a real baller!

1 Like

George knows his stuff.

2 Likes

The progress and development of this young man has been quite remarkable. That growth spurt hit and he went to another level. I wasn’t sure he was ready but he’s showing he is. And seemingly is earning Klopp’s trust more and more.

His talents are clear but I’ve been impressed how he presses and consistently he wins the ball back and attacks. He really seems to have a hunger for winning the ball back, which I really love to see. Combine that with his 1-on-1 ability and he may end up seeing way more time on the pitch this season than I expected.

2 Likes

I think the outrageous skill he showed on the second goal went a bit under the radar. If Foden or Greenwood had done that the media would still be going on about it now.

5 Likes

I’m glad he is under the radar. Trent was too for awhile.

4 Likes

Trent still is, a lot of the general English public would prefer Wan Bissaka at right back because Trent “can’t defend” /shudder.

I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that Jones has none or hardlly any England U21s caps…

He’s going to make it here 100%

1 Like

Yeah he has no U21 or U20 caps. He even struggled to get in the U19 squad.

It will be funny to look back at the players who were picked ahead of him in a few years when he’s an England regular.

6 Likes

I feel his trajectory is pretty steep and need to be managed. I’m sure Klopp, the coaching staff and the senior players are on it.

1 Like

England are pretty stacked at youth level these days, particularly in midfield and attack so I wouldn’t say it’s a slight on him that he hasn’t picked up many international caps as of yet. A lot of the players in those squads probably shone a little earlier in a first team environment or have won tournaments together in previous years. I’m not sure but I’d hazard a guess that Curtis would probably rather spend those weeks working with Klopp rather than Aidy Boothroyd anyway.

1 Like

The most recent England U20 midfield and wide forward players are…

Flynn Downes
Andre Dozzell
Angel Homes
Matty Longstaff
Emile Smith Rowe
Marcus Taverner
Luke Bolton
Jack Clarke
Ian Poveda

Be interesting to see which of those names are PL players in 2 years time. I’m guessing a maximum of one.

2 Likes

Curtis Jones walking back after scoring his penalty should’ve had ‘little green bag’ playing in the background,he’s the bollocks.

1 Like

Didn’t like his performance tonight. Could understand if Wilson struggled and couldn’t get involved, it was his first start in not his usual position. I thought Grujic was our best midfielder, felt he was even better than against Lincoln. But Jones was better against Lincoln and worse today. Doesn’t help that we got absolutely nothing from 2 and a half starters coming in off the bench; all of Gomez, Gini and Origi failed to provide anything.

2 Likes

Yeah, it was a bad match from him. My biggest issue with him is that he still lets his boyish instincts get the better from him, he attempts silly dribbles instead of going for the simple option - in his own half!

It wasn’t an easy match for him and Wilson, though, Arteta’s Atletico seem to know how to stifle opposition midfields but a little more simplicity from him would go a long way towards improving him as a midfielder.

2 Likes