Curtis JONES: 2020/21

He been called to the England under 21’s,waste of fucking time especially when you see the shite in the senior team.

2 Likes

I know that he was transparent yesterday night, but don’t forget Salah. He achieved the square root of nothing while he was on the pitch.

As for Jones, he’s in a difficult phase now. After his initial heroics with the first team, everyone measures him with that yardstick. Yet, he’ll have his bad days, as is normal with a young player still settling in and around the first team.

1 Like

True, yeah. Didn’t want the Jones thread to become a post-match thread. But yeah Salah was a bit invisible last night. Maybe not as surprising as he plays more like our striker and with that team out there, we didn’t arrive often enough. Arsenal also flipped their structure to defend those zones better, like Klopp said. We had more fun with Jota on the opposite side, thought he was our most dangerous forward last night. Think his average position was even higher than Salah’s.

2 Likes

Not his finest 90 minutes. There’s still a bit too much of the best kid in the playground about his play sometimes. I get that’s he’s young but Elliott’s even younger and just as skilfful but what really impresses me about him is his discipline when in possession. When he needs to he keeps it simple which is what this team is all about. Curtis sometimes just tries a bit too hard to stand out.

2 Likes

I think he is being beaten by his own stick.

9 Likes

He is a baller

1 Like

After tonight Im a fan; but not diggin the haircut. Let them be young.

1 Like

Curtis ran himself into problems a couple of times early in the match against Atalanta…but man, once he got that out of his system, he was great. I’ve heard Hendo said “Well done, lad” on a couple of occasions.

1 Like

Really good performance.

A lot of Liverpool dans were writing him off after two bad games (Ajax and Arsenal) and pretending he had a bad game against West Ham. It felt like people were waiting for him to fail. So many comments about how he thinks he’s better than he is, he’s this or that. Nonsense.

He’s working his way into this Liverpool team. It has never been good enough to just be flashy on the ball in this side, you need to do the ugly stuff. Curtis is obviously working hard on doing that, to the detriment at times of his attacking game. That’s what it takes for a team to be succesful.

I thought he was better than Henderson and Wijnaldum against Atalanta and also far better than any of their midfielders. He’s 19 and trusted by Klopp to play ahead of people like Milner to play in one of the best sides in the world. Is that not telling?

He’s not just getting played because he’s scouse, he’s not a championship standard player, he’s not just an arrogant prick, he’s actually a really good young player with a reasonably good chance to make it here long term. Not sure why there are so many Liverpool fans who don’t want it to happen.

6 Likes

I thought he was alot more influential in the 2nd half and that is what you need, this guy has potential. If he plays badly, call it as it is but he cannot be written off just because of a bad game here or there. Of course the nature of the game nowadays is impatient, you have to be good fast but based on what we seen so far, this guy has a very good chance of making it after so many potential youths. Good showing last night.

4 Likes

Opened the scoring against the mighty Andorra u21s.

3 Likes
2 Likes

He should retire from international football,just to be safe.

6 Likes

Can he play central defence?

2 Likes

This post is literally in every player thread now :joy:

3 Likes

Sometimes as football fans we’re a simple bunch. I’ve never been accused of having too much originality!

3 Likes
1 Like

His best all round display last night. Didn’t look out of place at all apart from attempting to dribble out of trouble in our box late on. Very impressive performance and the sky’s the limit for this lad.

9 Likes

He was excellent last night and must have hopes of playing a fair bit if he stays fit, he is looking less like a lanky teenage kid nowadays as well.

2 Likes