Squad Number: 17
Position: Midfielder
Height: 1.85m
Weight: 75kg
D.O.B.: 30.01.2001.
Town of Birth: Liverpool
Country of Birth: England
Nationality: English

His position/situation is similar to that of Thiago, trying to break into/cement his place in a world class team. Monaco and Sunderland were not at the level we are at the moment.

I think he is a bit inconsistent. Otherwise, I’m not too concerned about his progress.

2 Likes

If only this dude is half as good as Foden.

He’s more than half as good as Foden- I’d say he’s not far behind at all, but doesn’t attract anywhere near as much media hype.

Oh- and he’s not a punchable twat, either.

6 Likes

Jones is not producing the numbers with quality assists or goals, that is the area for me that he is lacking, which I am surprised at because he had both in spades as a youth player. Maybe his role has changed but he just doesn’t pick the pass to open up teams, yet his ball manipulation is excellent and he always gives is all,

He is in the awkward space where he is good but needs to find the breakthrough. He is mentally strong enough in the first place for Klopp to throw him into the first team, now he gotta step up and want more. But he has time, not forever of course but under Klopp, he has the best possible chances to excel.

The reality that he is just an average midfielder.

You feel the need to say this twice over 2 different threads despite him not having made an appearance last night because…?

1 Like

Thomas is a mug.

1 Like

Ladies and gentleman, we have a winner!

Jones, however, has an ideal height. If I am Klopp, I would ask a physio to create a special fitness regimen to help Jones add at least 15 lbs of muscles into his upper body. He would have been a fucking beast with extra 15 lbs of muscles on his upper body.

Christian Bale Swag GIF

1 Like

Because we all know that it’s upper-body strength that separates the greats from the also-rans:

vs

2 Likes

Strong dick line by Leo there to be fair.

Is Jones still injured? I thought we might see him today against Everton.

Well, at the current rate I would rather have him over Milner, Ox, Keita or Melo.

Such a shame he wasn’t fit to play so far this season, as he could have staked a real claim. I’m sure a lot more is to come from Curtis Jones, but when the midfield has been decimated, he has been one of the unavailable players.

The overall team has dropped a lot of points so far, so that early doors we already have a lot of ground to make up.

It’s not insurmountable, but with all the sick notes we have around the place, it would have been good for a young, homegrown lad to have taken hold of it.

He still might, but I suspect that by the time he is available again, the midfield woes will have eased somewhat, and we will be starting to find our groove,

Given (according to the article) it’s an condition caused by overload and intense workload, I wonder if it’s more evidence that we made a mess of pre-season?